Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #2

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Alright monkeys, the holidays are over, but there are still bikeless kids out there. I ended up with some extra parts, and others have some too, so let's put 'em to use on another giveaway bike!

Let the list begin:

Douglas: Frame

Stinkyboy: Bar, cassette, grips, crankset, seat, post, pedals

OG ripper: RS Psylo

Narlus: Trawling through basement to find some candidate parts...

Stevew: Azonic Shorty stem (if he can figure out how to mail it) :p

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stinkyboy said:
Stevew: Azonic Shorty stem (if he can figure out how to mail it) :p
hehehehe...that made me laugh.

I will try to have it in the mail tomorrow.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
let me scrounge around. I think I have an old Raleigh M80 rigid cruise bike. it's a threaded head tube, but I have the stem, two rims, and actually, may have a large percentage of it. Could make for a3rd bike. I'll get with you tomorrow on it...

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
stinkyboy said:
A few flat spots sounds sketchy, but check your PM's for address.

Stinky -- Just pulled them out. The front hub is real sticky (probably needs a rebuild), but the Mavic rim is in good shape. The rear rim is bent, needs to be replaced -- no skewers. You still want to screw with these or wait and see if something better turns up?

I'll gladly send 'em if you want.

I think one fo the e-tailers has Sun XC rims for $10. I could order one and have it shipped to you if you want to switch 'em.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Sorry about not getting the grips out for the first one, found a slight issue with them, I have some tires that I can donate to the build.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I'm in the middle of upgrading my switchblade and epic, I don't know what parts I'm going to end up with. I'll let you know in a few days. For now I think I have a weyless carbon bar coming off my epic, and a 27.2 seatpost I found in the garage.

If you need a little money for misc. expenses, I can help out.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
I'm in the middle of upgrading my switchblade and epic, I don't know what parts I'm going to end up with. I'll let you know in a few days. For now I think I have a weyless carbon bar coming off my epic, and a 27.2 seatpost I found in the garage.

If you need a little money for misc. expenses, I can help out.
So, by RM Bike #5, we'll be giving away custom Ti bikes with XTR and King builds?

:D

Thanks Reactor for all of your help!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
So, by RM Bike #5, we'll be giving away custom Ti bikes with XTR and King builds?

:D

Thanks Reactor for all of your help!

You're welcome, Dude. After this it may be a while before I upgrade again. The titus switchblade is getting blue chris king hubs on xm-819 rims, a blue CK headset, raceface next bars, a Fox TALAS XTT, and some specialized BG grips.

The epic is getting the EC-90 handle bar, crossmax enduro disc wheelset, and possibly the minute fork from the titus. I'm also replacing the deore hyros with Juicy 7s, and the OEM stem with a raceface deus xc stem. So I might give you the deore disc brakes too, and old stem too. I'm holding onto the Float 80 fork, for a possible single speed project.

EDIT: I might have a Judy XC fork for you though.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
stinkyboy said:
Nice price, but I'm not a wheel builder and would prefer not to have to pay for a build.

Cool. I'll build 'em, but I'm swamped with work right now. It will take at least a week 'fore I can get them to you.

If you can wait that long, I'll order the rims tonight.

lux

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
lux said:
Cool. I'll build 'em, but I'm swamped with work right now. It will take at least a week 'fore I can get them to you.

If you can wait that long, I'll order the rims tonight.

lux
That would be awesome! Rim brakes right?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
I've got a couple of Hutchenson python lights (new generation) you can have. I'm going tubless on both my bikes.
Cool!

My new ride is a tubeless singlespeed. 1st time tubeless. looking forward to it. It's built, now I gotta pay for it...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
Cool!

My new ride is a tubeless singlespeed. 1st time tubeless. looking forward to it. It's built, now I gotta pay for it...

That's always the hard part.:)

I just put my CK headset on, it looks sharp!.

I have half of two headsets you can have if you need them. I have a black cane creek s-2 (Top or bottom only one good bearing), and a silver raceface deus xc real seal top. If anyone else has some parts we could make a whole headset.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
I just put my CK headset on, it looks sharp!.
So, you prolly have too much stack for that Minute now, so I suppose I could take it off your hands since you don't want it anymore...
:evil: :rolleyes: