Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #2

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Very funny.:rolleyes:

I think the minute is going on my '03 epic, whose only real problem is that it's head angle too steep, even for a cross country bike. Since the minute is a 90-130, I'll run it at 90 and slow the steering down just a tad, and about 100-110 for steep descents. Then I'll put the float 80 RLC on my wife's '02 I-drive, replacing the Judy XC it came with.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yo stinky .. what else do you need... umm parts wise that is ( no personal problems please and thank you ) I can take a look around

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
hooples3 said:
yo stinky .. what else do you need... umm parts wise that is ( no personal problems please and thank you ) I can take a look around
Not to rip on any Monkeys, but sometimes people get busy and forget to send what they say they will (Mostly noobs)

The List:

Douglas: Frame

Stinkyboy: Bar, cassette, grips, crankset, seat, post, pedals (recieved)

OG ripper: RS Psylo

Narlus: Trawling through basement to find some candidate parts...

Reactor: Assorted parts, time and effort

Stevew: Azonic Shorty stem

Nick: Rim brakes

Lux: Wheels

As I recieve components, I will mark them (recieved)

But as of today, looks like we'll need deraillers, shifters, headset, tubes, helmet, and whatever is not recieved. I will update as things arrive.

As always,
Thanks Monkeys!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
Not to rip on any Monkeys, but sometimes people get busy and forget to send what they say they will (Mostly noobs)

The List:

Douglas: Frame

Narlus: Trawling through basement to find some candidate parts...

As I recieve components, I will mark them (recieved)

But as of today, looks like we'll need deraillers, shifters, headset, tubes, helmet, and whatever is not recieved. I will update as things arrive.

As always,
Thanks Monkeys!

Here is what I have so far: Weyless carbon bars, Python tires, I'll buy the tubes if need be. I also have some LX shifters, in pretty good shape except for some gnarled plastic on one of the triggers, and a used chain in good shape, I used a chain checker and it's good (pc97 or 99 I think). I might be able to pony up some other parts if we come up short, but I'm trying to save some for a single speed....

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
stinkyboy said:

The List:

As always,
Thanks Monkeys!
According to FedEx, rims should be here tomorrow, I'll build 'em ASAP and get 'em to you.

You passive-aggressive bastard.:p

And your avatar is making me seasick.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
lux said:
According to FedEx, rims should be here tomorrow, I'll build 'em ASAP and get 'em to you.

You passive-aggressive bastard.:p

And your avatar is making me seasick.
How bout a group monkey hug for lux!

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Rim came in today. Got 'er as straight, true and tensioned as I could with the wrong size spoke wrench. It's true side to side and up and down. Need to recheck the dish and tension, but don't want to round out any nipples.

Going to der LBS tomorrow for the proper spoke wrench -- should have the wheels out by Friday.

BTW -- these ain't got skewers or a cassette, hopefully some Monkees will be ponying up.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
lux said:
Rim came in today. Got 'er as straight, true and tensioned as I could with the wrong size spoke wrench. It's true side to side and up and down. Need to recheck the dish and tension, but don't want to round out any nipples.

Going to der LBS tomorrow for the proper spoke wrench -- should have the wheels out by Friday.

BTW -- these ain't got skewers or a cassette, hopefully some Monkees will be ponying up.
I have a cassette and prolly a couple skewers lying about.

Custom Monkey wheels! :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I was just about to send you a PM - that fork is going out today via UPS ground. I tossed a couple tires and stems in there too. If you don't get it by early next week let me know.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
OGRipper said:
I was just about to send you a PM - that fork is going out today via UPS ground. I tossed a couple tires and stems in there too. If you don't get it by early next week let me know.
:thumb:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The frame and the wheels have arrived. Thanks Douglas & Lux!

The List:

Douglas: Frame (recieved):thumb:

Narlus: Still trawling...

Hooples: Hinted at throwing in... ;)

Lux: Wheels (recieved):thumb:

We need deraillers, shifters, headset, tubes, helmet, and whatever is not recieved. I will update as things arrive.

As always,
Thanks Monkeys!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
lux said:
What, you shipped them to yourself?
:p
Somehow i could just picture him boxing it all up and taking it outside putting it on his porch then later on walking back outside and going OH GOOD IT CAME! and taking the box back inside.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
mobius said:
Somehow i could just picture him boxing it all up and taking it outside putting it on his porch then later on walking back outside and going OH GOOD IT CAME! and taking the box back inside.
I jumped up and down and kissed the UPS guy on the cheek.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
count me in for a headset and some tubes.. stinky pm me your ship to address. please and thank you. i can get it out to you today

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
You can probably count me in for a full cane creek s-2 headset (If my new set arrives in time), in addition to the carbon bars, stem, and a 30.9 or 27.2 seat post, and new Hutchinson pythons tires, a slightly used 9 speed chain, some other misc parts, and some build up work. I think I have a couple of Tioga tires too.

I might have another bike, my Wife's 2002(?) old non-pink GT I-Drive, Extra-Small, 8 speed, with a cane creek cloud nine rear shock upgrade.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Reactor said:
You can probably count me in for a full cane creek s-2 headset (If my new set arrives in time), in addition to the carbon bars, stem, and a 30.9 or 27.2 seat post, and new Hutchinson pythons tires, a slightly used 9 speed chain, some other misc parts, and some build up work. I think I have a couple of Tioga tires too.

I might have another bike, my Wife's 2002(?) old non-pink GT I-Drive, Extra-Small, 8 speed, with a cane creek cloud nine rear shock upgrade.
hey reactor.. you seem to be donating a lot of parts.. i would like to donate a headset if you dont mind.. anything else i have to donate has already been taken

edit: actually if you have the part and your willing to give it up then do it. I can always get something else that is needed for the bike. just let me know

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
hooples3 said:
hey reactor.. you seem to be donating a lot of parts.. i would like to donate a headset if you dont mind.. anything else i have to donate has already been taken

edit: actually if you have the part and your willing to give it up then do it. I can always get something else that is needed for the bike. just let me know

Go ahead and donate the headset.:thumb: I don't mind at all.:)

I'm sorry, I get over-enthusiastic, I'm not trying to hog the glory or be obnoxious. I had a lot of parts around the garage I donated to the first bike, and then some upgrades to my bikes over Christmas pushed out a butt-load more. I just wanted to let Stinkyboy know it's available if he needs it. I don't want to stop anyone else from contributing, if anyone has a part I've offered please feel free to contribute it. I'll fill in for as many parts as I can at the end when the building starts.