Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #2

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
You should have the bottom bracket tomorrow or Monday.
I wasn't sure if you'd been able to ship it. I bought and installed a used BB and headset (my Pig bearings were falling out...) at my LBS yesterday. I'll keep it for a future donation bike.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
I wasn't sure if you'd been able to ship it. I bought and installed a used BB and headset (my Pig bearings were falling out...) at my LBS yesterday. I'll keep it for a future donation bike.
Cool - Julie mailed it Wednesday or Thursday. I guess the snow storm between here and Phoenix slowed it down. :think:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
hooples3 said:
yo stinky!! did the rear derailleur come yet??
Yes it did. Thanks!!!

One of the tires' knobs is torn, so I gotta get a new one, but these tires look great on this bike thanks to Reactor.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The bike has been sitting at my LBS for finalizing, but they got swamped with Old Pueblo tune ups, but I should have photos soon!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just got a call from the LBS. They had trouble getting the right bolt for the built in seatpost clamp, the front derailler needed shimed, and the bash guard is too big. I may have a big ring for it, but it should be finished by this weekend.

Adult helmet anyone?

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
i have an "adult" L/XL full face helmet..... and some AVID 8" disc brakes, but you guys need rim brakes right?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
schweino1 said:
i have an "adult" L/XL full face helmet..... and some AVID 8" disc brakes, but you guys need rim brakes right?
Thanks, the brakes could go to the next bike!

The helmet should be a XC helmet.

:thumb:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Well, we finally have a complete bike!

I'm waiting to hear from my contact when I can deliver the bike to the group of mentally handicapped adults who will be sharing the bike and get some photos.

Once again, thanks to everybody who donated parts and postage!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stinkyboy said:
Well, we finally have a complete bike!

I'm waiting to hear from my contact when I can deliver the bike to the group of mentally handicapped adults who will be sharing the bike and get some photos.

Once again, thanks to everybody who donated parts and postage!
wow it looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you take a ton of pictures when you give it to someone!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Hey monkeys, the woman I spoke with regarding the recipients of the new RM bike has been a no show. The last time we spoke, I showed her the bike, and I think she just wanted to take it. I explained that many people have donated to the creation of this bike, and I want to take photos to share. She told me she would talk to her boss to arrange the delivery and let me know. I dunno if it was a hustle, but I am now searching for a new person(s) to happily put this bike to work.

Sorry to take so long on this project.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
stinkyboy said:
Hey monkeys, the woman I spoke with regarding the recipients of the new RM bike has been a no show. The last time we spoke, I showed her the bike, and I think she just wanted to take it. I explained that many people have donated to the creation of this bike, and I want to take photos to share. She told me she would talk to her boss to arrange the delivery and let me know. I dunno if it was a hustle, but I am now searching for a new person(s) to happily put this bike to work.

Sorry to take so long on this project.
You don't need to apologize, good on you for doing what you can to make sure it goes to someone who needs it. Seriously, that bike is almost too nice...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Hey peeps, I have not forgotten about all of the monkey effort that went into this new RM bike, but I still have not found a suitable candidate. I am now asking for help from Phoenix area monkeys to help with this search. I know several people who want the bike, but no one who can't afford a bike and would be absolutley thrilled to receive it like the kids from Christmas were. A less fortunate adult or high school student would prolly be perfect.

It's an 18" frame, and comes with a Bell XC helmet. I'll pick up a lock for it too.

Lemme know.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Well the latest RM bike finally has a new home. I again contacted a woman named Joanna who runs a program called Church on the Streets here in Phoenix and asked if she had someone that would love a mountain bike. She knows a couple that live in a shelter who have a son name Steven and said he would be perfect. Say no more. Sunday, after church we surprised him with the bike. He said "Wow! Thanks!" about 30 times, and then asked what kind it was, and I told him it's a custom made Ridemonkey Nashbar.

Steven and Joanna:

A boy and his bike: (I gave him a multitool to make adjustments) He seemed to like the term "dialed in", but who doesn't?

Ready to roll:

Thanks again to everybody who donated parts, built wheels, etc. There's another very happy child out there because of you monkeys!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Stinky, that is great.

to all who donated you must all be proud, I am proud of you. You have brought a good feeling to my busy day. thank's to all who donated your contributions make me feel bad I didn't have anything to donate, maybe I will for bike 3?

congrats all:thumb: