Quantcast

Ridemonkey corporate lodge and executive recreation center

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Marquette is fantastic. Tons of great trails. Ishpeming is coming along. Copper harbor is good, but not as good as the hype. It's 140 miles from Marquette to the Copper Harbor area.
It is even farther away from anywhere and surrounded by multiple layers of flyover country, not to mention reeking of wisconsin and central canada.
;)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Just for comparison...

Mt Creek is only 116 miles from Windham.
what are we comparing? Anything under 250 miles one way is a day trip.

Let's be real, the Vermont area that Sandwich originally posted the house he found in is probably centralized to far more riding. But the house I posted had more bedrooms.....and comes with a farm, and bacon cooking surfaces, that has to count for something.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
It is even farther away from anywhere and surrounded by multiple layers of flyover country, not to mention reeking of wisconsin and central canada.
;)
That's part of the beauty of copper harbor. Wife and I made a trip up there this summer (Ironically when we decided against going to ride Kingdom Trails and went and rode the trails in Copper Harbor and Marquette instead). You can't beat driving to the end of the road, setting up camp at 10:30PM in the sunlight and not having a soul around. The lack of cell service is a bonus too.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
and it's only $212k a month for the mortgage
details, details ...

The thing is this IS ice covered 6+ months a year. I've ridden a snowmobile across Copper Harbor a half mile off shore many Winters. When it's not covered in ice, the wind surfing is supposed to be remarkable, and as others said the biking is good and plentiful off of the peninsula , as long as you know how to deal with bears and flies, which can be worse than bears.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's part of the beauty of copper harbor. Wife and I made a trip up there this summer (Ironically when we decided against going to ride Kingdom Trails and went and rode the trails in Copper Harbor and Marquette instead). You can't beat driving to the end of the road, setting up camp at 10:30PM in the sunlight and not having a soul around. The lack of cell service is a bonus too.

I have trails like that less than 45 minutes away. The problem is that they are the kind of trail where when shit goes sideways, it can go very very sideways. So it isn't the best idea to go riding alone with no cell service in a place where it could be days before a passer-by found your bloody carcass.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Can we rebury the dead fat lawyer on the property as a fitting tribute?
Level 2 contributors may bury their dead in designated burial areas. Level 3 may offer additional considerations. Crack babies are not allowed to maintain our organic certification in the gardens....