Quantcast

Ridemonkey Fantasy Football League

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
There was a problem

* There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
* The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
* The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
ummbikes said:
There was a problem

* There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
Oh it was an Id10t error. I was trying to sign up in the premium league.

BTW, Warshington Dumbikes will reign in total domination this fall. Prepare to weep. See you in the fall.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
But with the manual draft if people don't show they just get auto-picks. It's the convenience of an auto-draft, with the flexibility of a manual draft for those who can show up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah, auto draft takes the fun out of the whole thing. The point is to prove who know talent the best.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I don't plan on joining the RM league, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I can't wait for football season to start. I will be nearly peeing my pants in anticipation for the next few months...

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I'd be in but the draft is much too early for my liking, any chance of moving it back? Too much stuff goes on in camp and pre-season to change things. I prefer to draft as late as possible.

Think I was 3rd last year and 2nd the year before, this could be my year.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mike B. said:
I'd be in but the draft is much too early for my liking, any chance of moving it back? Too much stuff goes on in camp and pre-season to change things. I prefer to draft as late as possible.

Think I was 3rd last year and 2nd the year before, this could be my year.
Hrm.

I like the idea of pre-season being already drafted. I can deal with moving it back some. I arbitrarily chose a date that would be in the middle of nothing.

Anyone have any problems with moving the draft to August in the interest of getting more people into this?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
robdamanii said:
Anyone else signing up? Live draft is on 7/12!
I'm unable to join at the moment...
There was a problem

But if I can get in, then... why July 12? Why not, say, after the 3rd pre-season game? EDIT: you covered that... how about August 15 at 9pmEST/6pmPST?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've never understood fantasy football or fantasy_______(whatever sport) and I think I will continue to keep it a mystery.

Is there a point to it?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stevew said:
I've never understood fantasy football or fantasy_______(whatever sport) and I think I will continue to keep it a mystery.

Is there a point to it?
Mindless armchair quarterbacking...it makes me feel smart (or stupid)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
so I joined and have to ask... 14 BENCH PLAYERS??? 14?!!

How about 6?

Also... -3 for missed fieldgoal, ok, interesting. Interesting bonus points for 300yd passing and 100yds rushing.

4 POINTS for an interception? Too much.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Draft Time: Wed Aug 2 4:30pm MDT

I don't think so.

Not only does that suck for me, but anyone on the west coast, you're asking them to do it at 3:30pm?

It can't be earlier than 5pmPST/8pmEST.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
For as much as I love football, this fantasy thing just does nothing for me. I simply don't have the time or desire to involve myself in anything fantasy that doesn't involve women. Anyways, isn't the whole scheme just a way for the jock-friendly to play Dungeons & Dragons w/o appearing limp-wristed?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
llkoolkeg said:
For as much as I love football, this fantasy thing just does nothing for me. I simply don't have the time or desire to involve myself in anything fantasy that doesn't involve women. Anyways, isn't the whole scheme just a way for the jock-friendly to play Dungeons & Dragons w/o appearing limp-wristed?
Now you're going to get all that way on D&D? sheesh...next your going to say that knitting is gay too.