Quantcast

Ridemonkey gear! What do you want to see?

What do you think about the Ridemonkey store?

• I don't like the available designs or colors

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • I don't like the "Ride Hard, Drink Hard" slogan

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • I'd buy some riding gear, like shorts and jerseys

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I'd buy some other kind of gear (hats, socks, pint glasses etc. - post what you want)

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I just don't buy gear from a message board

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Money is tight right now, but I want something eventually

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I have enough Ridemonkey stuff already

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, so RM gear hasn't sold all that well in the new store.

Generally speaking, if you haven't bought RM stuff, why not? Is it a matter of the available gear not being what you want, or do you guys just not want to buy Ridemonkey merchandise? Please vote on the poll and post up - we want to hear!

All of this stuff is changeable - designs, colors, types of gear available... We just need to know what you guys want to see.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd dig some stickers, particularly vinyl appliques that come off easily (in the even of a sold car) or for my bike...something like a long skinny one for the chainstays.

I'd dig a DH jersey too...that I could get behind.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
How bout a Ridemonkey edition Revolt that bucks you a lot, complete with a Ridemonkey 2010 Boxxer that needs service every other run?:D:D

Some DH jerseys would be cool, maybe a more basic one and a "racer style" flashy one.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
IMHO... a store on this forum is too stagnant! I think that it was cool when a person from the monkey would offer up to print stickers, pint glasses, t-shirts etc. It is more personable that way. Not that there aren't other reasons people aren't buying merch., but I know when I wanted stickers? I would go to Macko, Pint glasses? go to JBP, Jerzees IAB and MBC, 2nd Gen RM T-shirts (walk over to my printing press and print another one)... The monkey is about... well... PEOPLE! People talking about bikes and other stuff. But it is mostly people! Taking away the interaction between people is against the monkey.

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
I'd dig some stickers, particularly vinyl appliques that come off easily (in the even of a sold car) or for my bike...something like a long skinny one for the chainstays.

I'd dig a DH jersey too...that I could get behind.
Agreed. I'd probably be down to buy vinyls and a DH jersey.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
IMHO... a store on this forum is too stagnant! I think that it was cool when a person from the monkey would offer up to print stickers, pint glasses, t-shirts etc. It is more personable that way. Not that there aren't other reasons people aren't buying merch., but I know when I wanted stickers? I would go to Macko, Pint glasses? go to JBP, Jerzees IAB and MBC, 2nd Gen RM T-shirts (walk over to my printing press and print another one)... The monkey is about... well... PEOPLE! People talking about bikes and other stuff. But it is mostly people! Taking away the interaction between people is against the monkey.
Okay, fair point. But:

- Where do you think this stuff comes from? People! I'm talking with Greyhound right now to discuss getting engraving on things like top caps or headtube badges. If we need vinyl chainstay protectors, I'll find a monkey who has the hookup.

- These monkeys are donating their time and efforts to set up these orders. It's great that you want the personal interaction, but JBP isn't making money off setting up a pint glass order - he's dealing with the vendor, taking orders, etc. The personal interaction is at the expense of a volunteer taking the time to hook this up. We have a system in place to keep people from having to spend their time doing charity work just so you can have a t-shirt or whatever.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
not necessarily chainstay protectors, but rather long stickers to go on your stays. I'll see if I come up with anything, but the stickers in there now are pretty close.

I'd also love a topcap-that would be rad, and so would a bottle opener sort of thing with the monk on it. A headtube badge would be nice to replace my Lead Horse badge, but I don't know how to get it off...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Okay, fair point. But:

- Where do you think this stuff comes from? People! I'm talking with Greyhound right now to discuss getting engraving on things like top caps or headtube badges. If we need vinyl chainstay protectors, I'll find a monkey who has the hookup.

- These monkeys are donating their time and efforts to set up these orders. It's great that you want the personal interaction, but JBP isn't making money off setting up a pint glass order - he's dealing with the vendor, taking orders, etc. The personal interaction is at the expense of a volunteer taking the time to hook this up. We have a system in place to keep people from having to spend their time doing charity work just so you can have a t-shirt or whatever.
I can tell you I was making ~$0.93us an order on a t-shirt! :thumb: that was my point. I think anyone that does this, does it for the love of the monkey! I had a great time shipping the shirts all over the world! It was a learning experience and fun meeting and learning about other monkeys in the process!

btw, I agree, not arguing with you at all! Juss sayin!

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I had a great time shipping the shirts all over the world! It was a learning experience and fun meeting and learning about other monkeys in the process!
Likewise on the hoodies. I very much enjoyed printing them and shipping them.

I would love to do some nice stuff, multi color, on high quality shirts. The stuff in the store, quite frankly, seems chintzy.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I like the idea of a DH jersey, and dont laugh, but how about a basic, cotton RM Boxxer short? I would absolutly rock those.

Oh and Sandwhich, the chain stay stickers??? I still have one or two that came with the sticker order I made. Give me a few, I will post up a pic

Speaking of sticker order, maybe look for some more consistancy as to whats listed, to what you get, I remember Bishop listing getting ten stickers, then alot of us got eight, and the colors and varieties were absolutly random.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Likewise on the hoodies. I very much enjoyed printing them and shipping them.

I would love to do some nice stuff, multi color, on high quality shirts. The stuff in the store, quite frankly, seems chintzy.
You're a silk screen guy, and we totally get that. The stuff that we have is simple yes, because we're using a vinyl cutter and heat transfer vinyl.

In actual fact, this stuff lasts a whole ton longer than silk screened product. It retains color and doesn't crack like silk screening. However, the designs need to be much more simple because multi-color isn't as easy... so thusly creating things that might seem chintzy.

The advantage is creating one-off things that don't need quantity. If someone wants a shirt with their username on it then blammo we can do it.

Our shirts are guildan, which isn't the best out there sure, but not the worst.

But by all means, I'm sorry we've sucked at this. We really weren't trying to... we have just been doing what we can to provide things.

Lets work to improve... H8r - hit us up and lets come up with something that works. Maybe you can drop ship for us and do the items?

We want to work with you. Bottom line, even if we totally break even, I want people out there stoked with rad ridemonkey gear in their hands.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I'll even add to something here -

Decide what you guys want... vote, comment, whatever... and we'll make it happen. I don't even care if we take a loss on it, I want to get something rad out there that people are stoked on.

Thoughts?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd buy socks and pint glasses, I use those a lot! ;)
I already have a sweatshirt, XC jersey and DH jersey.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
In all honesty, I think the logo is lameo. That and I don't want to admit to the general public how much time I spend creeping interweb forums...
-edit- I also think you guys might do a bit better/ get more exposure (which lets face it thats what this is about anyway) if you offered discounts to members every now and again. Just my .02

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
In actual fact, this stuff lasts a whole ton longer than silk screened product. It retains color and doesn't crack like silk screening.
I have some shirts I've printed that have perfect ink still while the cotton is disintegrating from so many washings. My prints will go toe to toe with vinyl transfers any day for color and durability but with a soft feel and the prints are somewhat breathable.

Most shirts are printed with plastisol inks (PVC gel resin) or plastisol heat transfers or cut vinyl transfers. It's all plastic, and it will crack over time.

I use water-based acrylic textile inks that are much softer on the shirt and a little nicer to the environment. No pthalates in the ink and all biodegradable cleaners used for ink removal and reclaiming.

I'm still willing to do some merch, let me know. If you want cheaper Gildan stuff I can get that too.

All I need is a piece count and number of print colors for a quote.

Last edited:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
some sort of RM bottle opener that can be attached to bikes would be rad. Top cap bottle opener? also, can we get some really tight jeans with RM acid washed in for the hipster/dirt jump kids?