Quantcast

Ridemonkey get together in Europe this summer?

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Yeah, Gardasee is out for me. I'll still be in the U.S. on business until the 5th.

Willingen is looking good - need to see if it conflicts with my "other" hobby. Otherwise, I'll do my damnedest to get there!

I'll be easy to find - look for the fat American guy on the black hartail. No too difficult to spot.... :D

Apr 1, 2002
Originally posted by PGR
Also, air-time in Willingen is very limited. At least it was the last time I was there. (September)

In Garda: Is it public trails or only mtb specific? I'm talking downhill.

Are you MOP from DMK (mtb.dk)... Just wondering?
Yep, I'm MOP from DMK!

Did a roadtrip to willingen last week. They haven't done the new DH couses yet. But they are bussy building them this week, so that they should be ready for the Bike Festival!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I am seriously considering adding the Willingen festival to my Transvesubienne race trip. If that is the case, I can meet some of you Europe monkeys. I have a lot of details to work out though because I don't know how to get from Frankfurt (airport) to Willingen with my two bikes...maybe a rental car? But then I don't know if I could figure out how to drive there. I heard there is a train - but it's slow. :(

I am making plane and hotel reservations for it this week!!! Watch out Europe, here I come!

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Originally posted by Heidi
I am seriously considering adding the Willingen festival to my Transvesubienne race trip.
WEEEEHH :D Heidi is gonna make Willingen rock ;)

If you need help for locating a proper car for you and the bikes- let me know!... i'll get some details about the direction for Willingen for you, the German autobahn system is so easy and well set up, that it won't be any problem!

Supposedly it's gonna be Europe's biggest bike event this year... propably bigger than the WC at Kaprun- that's what i've heard!

BTW: hire a big Mercedes or an BMW- and go speedin'..... :D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Steen Good Legs

WEEEEHH :D Heidi is gonna make Willingen rock ;)

If you need help for locating a proper car for you and the bikes- let me know!... i'll get some details about the direction for Willingen for you, the German autobahn system is so easy and well set up, that it won't be any problem!

Supposedly it's gonna be Europe's biggest bike event this year... propably bigger than the WC at Kaprun- that's what i've heard!

BTW: hire a big Mercedes or an BMW- and go speedin'..... :D
Well, that's our biggest problem (getting from Frankfurt to Willingen and then back to Frankfurt). I would fly into Frankfurt June 12th, and then leave June 17th. We are going to race in the "marathon" race - the long one.I think it's 80miles. It would be an extreme adventure for us to hit the Transvesubienne race in France the weekend before, and then get to the festival too! I don't know if I can fit our bike case in a rental car - I would need a van or pickup truck. Anyone want to pick us up?:p

Jan 14, 2002
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Originally posted by Heidi
I am seriously considering adding the Willingen festival to my Transvesubienne race trip. If that is the case, I can meet some of you Europe monkeys. I have a lot of details to work out though because I don't know how to get from Frankfurt (airport) to Willingen with my two bikes...maybe a rental car? But then I don't know if I could figure out how to drive there. I heard there is a train - but it's slow. :(

I am making plane and hotel reservations for it this week!!! Watch out Europe, here I come!
not to spoil your fun now, but by this time every hotel in willingen itself is booked full, you could try some of the neighboring places for an hotel, on www.willingen.de you can search and order online an hotel in a neighboring place, hope it helps for you.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Mr. ShockWave

not to spoil your fun now, but by this time every hotel in willingen itself is booked full, you could try some of the neighboring places for an hotel, on www.willingen.de you can search and order online an hotel in a neighboring place, hope it helps for you.
I booked the Ramada last week. Sweet, it's right in Willingen, 6k from the festival.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
They have published a few pictures from their work, with the new trail.

A description (this is translated with Babelfish. Genglish.):

>>>>

Freeride Parcours Willingen type Freeridestrecke with Bikercross characteristics
- place: Willingen Ettelsberg
- concept/Design: Diddie cutter
- ascent assistance: Double doppelsessellift
- Streckenlaenge:ca.2,5 km
- Streckenbreite:ca.2 m
- Hoehendifferenz:230 m
- distance lining: Brechsand
- Befahrbarkeit:Im spring/summer (also on wet roads)
- target group: Everyone to some extent reliably on the Bike sits and the Uebungsparcours with the ice hall surely bikt
- optimal Bike:Fully to approx. 15 cm spring travel (also fun makes everything else)
- the character: First third: snaps flat passages with branches and steep curves. Second third: Interesting technical section with steep curves and properly downward gradients. Last third: Curve labyrinth with centrifugal force purely
- Sonstiges:Fuer Downhiller also over 15cm spring travel gives it in the upper distance half still the old distance with root passages fullly. For aengstliche Chickenways are there, in order to umfahren difficult distance sections elegantly. For Flowrider gibt's additionally still another few Evil Eye Trails alla North shore.

>>>>

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Steen Good Legs

That's damn cool Heidi :) i'll be looking forward to hopefully meet some :monkey: 's from the other side!

Happy weekend there...
3 weeks to go!!!