Quantcast

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Care to put your manliness and sophistication to the test against ridemonkey's most handsome and follicly-endowed upper lips? I'm proposing a contest.

THE contest.

The 2008 Ridemonkey Mustache Competition.

An entry fee, yet to be determined, will be held in a paypal account and the proceeds will be given to a cycling-related charity... minus the cost of a plaque or some other award for the winner. The judge of the contest, will be none other than mustache-extraordinaire John Bryan Peters, who will compare photos of the contestants' mustaches, after a period of 30 days from which a clearly-dated photo of a clean-upper lip is posted. (Dates yet to be determined).
Performance enhancing drugs such as rogaine and shark testosterone will not be allowed, but will only be enforced via the honor system. Anyone can enter.*
This should be a fun contest and a great way to raise money for some cycling charity...and frankly, I can't think of a better way to annoy the women in our lives.

MODS, can I get a sticky?

I'd also like some suggestions about entry fees, rules, etc.

Thank you very much.

I want a good clean contest. Let's get it on!

* Anyone except JBP and Graphics.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
Nothing says dignity, class, and refinement like a little upper lip hair.

on that note, the men in my family don't really grow much facial hair...so it wouldn't really work for me

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Aren't there only about 3 people here that can actually grow facial hair?
Well, maybe, but even the patchy dirtbag staches people will come up with should be very entertaining. This could be RM gold. Are you in?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm down.
I grow one hell of a handlebar.

Can we either go ASAP or after the end of August? It would be better to do this when the wife is deployed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, I had a dirt squirrel in the Navy and will never grow another. It would be a good laugh, but I can't go 30 days without sex.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
JD, Dirt, would you two just sack up and commit? I was thinking like Aug 1. - Aug 31, but we'll see where most people need the dates. You've always got ol' righty JD.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
If nothing else I will at least be the proud owner of a bitchin stashe!!!

Can part 2 of the contest be something absurd like 6 months?
Sure thing. If the initial period of 30 days seems to short, we could extend as well.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh man, are beards allowed? Then I'll just shave all but stache at the end of the contest.

Stragedy...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh man, are beards allowed? Then I'll just shave all but stache at the end of the contest.

Stragedy...
Yeah, I suppose so, but the MAN's way would be to go with the stache all the way through.

Not a bad strategy though I guess.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I could clearly win for bits of food. If we go Aug. 1, I might have a chance. Will there be something other than ridicule for dropouts?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I could clearly win for bits of food. If we go Aug. 1, I might have a chance. Will there be something other than ridicule for dropouts?
You'll be paying the entry fee up front, so even dropping out is participating to some extent.

Should we let the winner pick the charity, or the head Ridemonkey himself... it is his site after all.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i could grow one gnarly looking crustache...

although my boss would probably get mad at me seeing as how i'm supposed to be clean-shaven at work.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i'd like to see this happen in the winter, just in time for my perennial beard. Too bad the first three weeks are the most painful...having to shave it all off right after that would totally suck.