Quantcast

Ridemonkey no longer sends me topic notifications?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I've noticed this over the last week or so. Everytime I reply to a post in a fourm, it'd send me new posts and suggestions to what I was subscribed to. Now it doesn't, nor for Private Messages either. The only way I know someone wrote to me is when I log onto the site it tells me.

Anyone else having this problem?

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
I just checked my settings, it wasn't checked on "Instant" for anything.

The funny thing is that I haven't touched those settings in like 6 months, so something must have happened, either my fault or a :monkey:

Either way things are working now!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
the Inbred said:
that takes too long. and i need variety. ridemonkey represents 1/3 of my e-mails!

only a third? I would go with 7/8ths for me. :D

I have an account that mostly is just a forum notification account.

So RM, any word on what might be causing this?

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Update........I checked every setting, set to instant, and I still get nothing, nothing for PM's either so it's only when I log onto the site I know what I've got.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I always felt special getting like 10 or more emails from ridemonkey every morning and another 20 througout the day!

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BigMike said:
I think the head monkey is avioding this thread..................:think:
Not avoiding it, there have been half a dozen threads on this, and I've been researching the answer.

It's fixed now. Enjoy. :eviltongu

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Damn. I couldn't even log in. I tried changing my e-mail address thinking it was broken and I couldn't re-activate my account.

Anyways thanks to whoever got me re-activated and for those who helped to relay the message. Sucks not being able to spank the Monkey.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
have there been replies? yes.
i subscribed/ replied to loco's latest thread...let's see if i get an response notification....

nope, no notification.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Ridemonkey said:
Have there been replies in those threads? I've been getting notifications all morning. Subscribe to some new threads.

I haven't recieved one e-mail from RM in about four days. I have recieved PM's and there have been multiple replies to subscribed threads that don't show up.

Also what happend to the message tracking option? It shows the option on the left but nothing is tracked.

One other thing. The submit and preivew buttons keep hanging up. I clicked submit almost 4-5 minutes ago and it is still "submitting" in another window.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i just meant i replied, and was waiting to see if i got notification e-mails when someone else replied later. and like salami said, the submit button hangs up. thought it was my ISP, though.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BigMike said:
Still no notifications for me either....... I turned everything off in my preferances, and the turned it back on with no avail

Me neither. Just double checked all settings. All seem okay. Plenty of posts in subscribed threads to activate the instant email but still no dice.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It makes me kind of sad, that once the notifications stopped working, I stopped getting email. I think I need help, the RM emails were making me feel loved :help:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
so when i go into 'My Ridemonkey' and list subscriptions, there's a whole column of unchecked checkboxes under the 'Notification' header.

i check them all and head down to the bottom to select 'instant notification' and the page just resets itself to all unchecked.

i created a lil gif animation of the process for illumination. i, too, am sad that i no longer recieve RM emails. it also means that i can't reset my email address without getting manually reactivated by RM.

please fixie :(

Attachments

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
corey_dcstreet said:
so when i go into 'My Ridemonkey' and list subscriptions, there's a whole column of unchecked checkboxes under the 'Notification' header.

i check them all and head down to the bottom to select 'instant notification' and the page just resets itself to all unchecked.

i created a lil gif animation of the process for illumination. i, too, am sad that i no longer recieve RM emails. it also means that i can't reset my email address without getting manually reactivated by RM.

please fixie :(

Wow Corie, you must be taking this a little hard ;)

So, RM, any ideas? I know you have a lot to do, and i'm not pressuring you or saying I don't appreciate what you are doing, I'm just wondering :)

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
corey_dcstreet said:

I have the same problem

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
corey_dcstreet said:

I have the same problem, and I no longer get email notifications.