Quantcast

Ridemonkey Osevations

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
People here bash other sites (coughpinkbikecough), and have specific examples of things they don't like about the site.... recent specific examples.

Obviously they still visit those other sites...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Slugman said:
People here bash other sites (coughpinkbikecough), and have specific examples of things they don't like about the site.... recent specific examples.

Obviously they still visit those other sites...
And sometimes I feel like PMing them and telling them to get back to the Monkey. Kinda like when your mom catches you doing something wrong and drags you back home by your ear.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
some people think they are the next sh** cause they have over 4000 posts....

J

JRB

ZoRo said:
Not me - I think I am the next sh** because I dry humped a panther tonight on a ride. :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
johnbryanpeters said:
There is something to be said for listening until you understand the culture, or what passes for it.

The wok/fire extinguisher/microwave is from an old thread of RIP's that I think you could find if you searched for it. [Edit: here it is: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116703&highlight=wok] It centered on refusing to discuss whatever he first posted about.

J
It all went downhill from this:
stosh said:
WTF do you have 2 microwaves for?

And led to posts like this:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120754&highlight=bike

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
It all went downhill from this:

Originally Posted by stosh:
"WTF do you have 2 microwaves for?"
Now that was a hilarious thread. I don't think anyone ever did find out what kind of fork he put on his bike. :think:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
some people (read: I) post in this thread because it's really funny, even though I dont understand most of the jokes going on. I have a wok. It's black. Only one microwave, and I drew a picture of a fire extinguisher just to complete the triad of required goods for a bike picture.

some people need some icecream
strongbad needs some icecream

J

JRB

This thread has broken several n00bs from their shells. Welcome to activity n00bs. :thumb:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ZoRo said:

there seem to be loads of pbr avatars.

i also think i'm the ****, because i just noticed that i have over 4000 posts.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I always thought that was funny, that some people only go to one forum. Wierd...

1. Someone doesn't know how to spell 'observation'.

2. The majority of people that only post in the DH forum know what kind of useless blabber goes on in here. The lounge is only good for those VERY slow days at work, other than that, you'll only find me in the DH and VA forums.

meh.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
just found another observation...lately some members will post something as fact and offer no reasons or info to back it up. It's either that or they talk aboout something they have no real knowledge of...I just don't get it...If I don't know about something I just STFU....D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
AlmostHeaven said:
2. The majority of people that only post in the DH forum know what kind of useless blabber goes on in here. The lounge is only good for those VERY slow days at work, other than that, you'll only find me in the DH and VA forums.
Self righteousness is still present.