Quantcast

Ridemonkey rent out Rye Airfield?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
So ... I convinced Greggah to get a little bike to ride at Rye Airfield. A couple of weeks ago he has the big idea to see who all would be interested in renting it for 2 or 3 hours. He also thinks that I should post up about it.

It would be fun to take the big bike in there for a while.

It would also be fun to get the folks that I have ridden XC with into the park to hit the ramps ( I am looking in your direction Splat, BadDNA, IrishBlue, Woody, etc.).

It is $150 an hour and we would have to commit to at least 2 hours. We could also have a barbecue or something beforehand at my house (which is about 10 minutes from the skatepark).

Well?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I have reservations about spending the money to rent the place unless we collect a bigger crowd. They have an old guys night mid week at $10 for 3 hours for the over 30 crowd. It's normally $15. The evening sessions aren't usually too busy. I would love an excuse to come up and hang out. I'm in either way.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I have reservations about spending the money to rent the place unless we collect a bigger crowd. They have an old guys night mid week at $10 for 3 hours for the over 30 crowd. It's normally $15. The evening sessions aren't usually too busy. I would love an excuse to come up and hang out. I'm in either way.
I'm with you on needing a good-sized group (see, I told you Gregg!). The last couple of months I have picked up a 30-day pass so I can go whenever. Old guys night is usually alright, although they do let kids in. There usually aren't as many. The Sunday 9-12 session is usually good too. Other sessions are hit or miss ... sometimes they are crazy busy and sometimes they are dead. They also have a Saturday 9-midnight that is cool (that session may be ending soon). I usually go at least three times a week, so hit me up if you ever want to go.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
What....I think DNA suggested it and i agreed....lol. Though I do think 10-15 people would be a big enough group to make it worth while.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
We can figure the numbers ... $150 per hour, minimum 2 hours (3 would be nice). I am willing to kick in a little more than my share just to have the park to ourselves for a while. Not that I want to agree with Greggah, but I suspect we could round up enough folks.

Anyone who know me should have known a data table was coming ...

People 2 hrs 3 hrs
10 30.00 45.00
15 20.00 30.00
20 15.00 22.50
25 12.00 18.00
30 10.00 15.00
35 8.57 12.86
40 7.50 11.25