Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa 2019

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome, Monkeys, to the Ridemonkey Secret Santa 2019.

Ho Ho Ho, merry Festivus! Santa says you've been a good enough boy or girl that you deserve a selection of microbrews with a side of federal shipping law violations!

Enrollment will be open through the end of Thanksgiving week, and I'll send pairings out after that weekend.

Interested but don't know what to expect? Here are the last few years' threads with enrollment and photos of the awesome gifts everyone received:

https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/the-annual-ridemonkey-secret-santa-v-2018.280902/
https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2017-edition.279411/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-for-2016.277651/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2015.275104/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2014.271057/

Requirements:

• This is open to all Monkeys in the US and Canada who have registered on Ridemonkey by January 1st 2018.
  • The minimum you need to spend is US$30-35. More is fine, but that's the minimum.
  • Pairing will be totally random.
  • The person you send to will NOT be the person who sends you a gift.

How To Enter - Send an email to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com:

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS FORM INTO YOUR EMAIL:

Username:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Phone # (only used in case of lost packages):

Wish List:
(Please list at least 3 to 5 items, under US $30-35 dollars. Include your size or other important info where required. If you don't have a wishlist, that is OK but you might not get what you want from Santa)

All participants must be willing to ship to Canada or US, there has been no interest from people overseas so this is only open to Canadian and US residents this year.

Dates:

• December 2nd: Enrollment closes. All emails must be sent by midnight on December 2nd.
  • December 4th: All entrants will receive their pairing information.
  • December 24th: All gifts must reach their recipient on or before Christmas Eve.
    • Note: I am not going to enforce this on cross-border packages (Canada<>US). I will expect that these packages will be sent in a responsible timeframe, but expedited international shipping is expensive, and things happen in customs.

Packaging Requirements:

• The packaging must be work safe. Feel free to stick another box inside with the usual RM stuff, but the outside of the box needs to be work friendly.
  • You must provide tracking numbers to me at rmsecretsanta@gmail.com!
  • The past few years haven't had a lot of interest in a packaging prize, but if we get at least 5 or 6 photos of decorated packages this year, I'll pick a winner and send a small prize!

If you do not send a gift you will be permanently banned from Ridemonkey.com

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm happy to try to arrange swaps between foreign monkeys.

@Flo33 @CBJ @Mo(n)arch @Sandro @norbar @sethimus and whoever else is in Europe and is willing to participate (frankly, I have no idea what shipping costs look like there)...

Go ahead and submit Secret Santa emails. If we get enough, I'll match up the foreign monkeys together. If we can't get pairs going, well, at least we tried.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

@Flo33 @CBJ @Mo(n)arch @Sandro @norbar @sethimus and whoever else is in Europe and is willing to participate (frankly, I have no idea what shipping costs look like there)...

Go ahead and submit Secret Santa emails. If we get enough, I'll match up the foreign monkeys together. If we can't get pairs going, well, at least we tried.
If there is an Europe RMSS I am interested!
No federal shipping law violations for us though. :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm for it. Just give me the dates for stuff before since I'll be in the Polish countryside early dec

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

@Gary maybe too?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thanks man

I'd always assumed it was just a US/Can thing. Had a quick look at the script and see folks involved have to do a wishlist. I'd love to see the face of whoever got mine.

#1 26x2.35 Maxxis single ply Bling Bling in maxpro 60a
#2 25.4mm x 35 stem (black)
#3 2007 Ironhorse Sunday shock hardware kit
#4 Avid Juicy sintered brake pads
#5 Ebike specific socks

are there still any UK Monkeys who check in here regularly?

Yeah. Happy to join in if there are enough euros into it. Just let me know here. (and I'll try and come up with a more sensible wishlist)

Ps.tag or quote me. i never look in the lounge. but do notice notifications

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks man

I'd always assumed it was just a US/Can thing. Had a quick look at the script and see folks involved have to do a wishlist. I'd love to see the face of whoever got mine.

#1 26x2.35 Maxxis single ply Bling Bling in maxpro 60a
#2 25.4mm x 35 stem (black)
#3 2007 Ironhorse Sunday shock hardware kit
#4 Avid Juicy sintered brake pads
#5 Ebike specific socks

are there still any UK Monkeys who check in here regularly?

Yeah. Happy to join in if there are enough euros into it. Just let me know here. (and I'll try and come up with a more sensible wishlist)

Ps.tag or quote me. i never look in the lounge. but do notice notifications
Remember you have to mail in to participate.

I have a stem like that in the basement and never release prototype!

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Sorry my fellow Eurotrash Commies, im traveling and working like crazy throughout the month and just cant swing it this year. I’ve got ideas though and I’ll be down next year for sure.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In for the Euro edition!
But be warned, I am famous for not sticking to wish lists. :D