Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa 2020

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No worries! I kind of expected that we have a bilateral gift exchange going after Sandro posted. @binary visions needs to check his random pairing algorithm for next year, me thinks. :think:
I'm already looking into it, because it shouldn't have happened. I've used the same script for years now and haven't had any issues :think:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'm already looking into it, because it shouldn't have happened. I've used the same script for years now and haven't had any issues :think:
Maybe we need to motivate more Euro monkeys to participate? I guess the issue comes from too few entries, which screws the algorithm up?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
So this arrived. Much thanks! They left their real name...but I have no idea on the Forum name of the giver...

20201223_130924.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Skookum?

Or is that too obvious? I've not been (active) on teh Monkey nearly as long as some of y'all.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Dude those apples were grown on my farm! :) I am glad it arrived safely. My friend grew the popcorn. I used to work in that creamery also.
Excellent! Awesome gifts! Thank you.

I was actually born in Omak and moved to Oregon when I was three. But spent a good amount of the next 16 or so years Summers and holidays in the Wenatchee and Omak area with my dad and Grandparents. Mom and my older bro are in Spokane.

Flew into Yakima airport many times.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Excellent! Awesome gifts! Thank you.

I was actually born in Omak and moved to Oregon when I was three. But spent a good amount of the next 16 or so years Summers and holidays in the Wenatchee and Omak area with my dad and Grandparents. Mom and my older bro are in Spokane.

Flew into Yakima airport many times.
Well come around and ride bikes when you get the chance!

The apples haven't been cleaned yet, fyi. They were picked and then put into a cold room several months ago. They're still tasty though. Envy™ is the variety.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Some of boostindoubles gift going to good use.

(one for us, one for work tonight)

(not sharing the beer or cheese with work. love my coworkers, but fuck that)

20201225_124902.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Some of boostindoubles gift going to good use.

(one for us, one for work tonight)

(not sharing the beer or cheese with work. love my coworkers, but fuck that)

View attachment 154036
That is awesome. We cooked some into pancakes this morning ourselves...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I investigated the EURMSS issue, I was primarily worried that someone actually got left out and had to dig through my logs. We ended up with some gift exchanges but I found the bug and made some updates to do some better error checking.

Apologies for the bilateral exchanges but everyone was accounted for at least :monkeydance:

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have no idea who my Santa was, but I received this amazing, custom, water bottle mountable flask! Absolutely awesome. Thanks, mysterious Santa!

PXL_20201228_175027651~02.jpg

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Some good stuff this year. I haven't been very active the past couple of years, been busy with other things, but this was always one of the things I looked forward to on RM. I need to get back here more often.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My package has disappeared into the bowels of the USPS. The mysterious, "your package will arrive late but is still in transit" message.

The last time I saw that, the package vanished for a month and suddenly reappeared on the recipient's doorstep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My package has disappeared into the bowels of the USPS. The mysterious, "your package will arrive late but is still in transit" message.

The last time I saw that, the package vanished for a month and suddenly reappeared on the recipient's doorstep.
That's about where package #2 is for me.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I have no idea who my Santa was, but I received this amazing, custom, water bottle mountable flask! Absolutely awesome. Thanks, mysterious Santa!

View attachment 154119
Glad you like it, BV!

Shout out to ScrubLover for preparing me for the robot apocalypse! I'm going to win their trust and then spill their hydraulic fluid with these bad boys.

Attachments

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Cheers! I'm glad it came in good shape. Those Stashers bags are so clutch. They are also stackable if you want to make a "beer frame bag". I hope you enjoy the beer. Fall is my favorite local brewery. Hope I didn't psyche you out too much with the Fox Transfer box. haha
@lovebunny thank you so much for the awesome Unique gifts. I absolutely love the beer cozy hauler it matches my beer bike perfectly. I can’t wait to try these beers

Thanks again!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
RM santa paid a visit today, courtesy of @binary visions. Twas a good haul. A bunch of tasty beers, some coffee I will try tomorrow, and a pressure gauge. Best of all he made a donation in my name to the bikes for kids charity. Because who doesn't love a kids smile while they're riding a bike? Thanks bv

PXL_20201231_221338235.jpg