Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa for 2016!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome to the Ridemonkey Secret Santa thread for 2016.

We'll kick this off a little earlier this year to give people more time to shop. The enrollment will be a little longer too, hopefully drumming up more interest.

Interested but don't know what to expect? Here are the last two years' threads with enrollment and photos of the awesome gifts everyone received:

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2014.271057/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2015.275104/

1450269391608.jpg

Requirements:

• This is open to all Monkeys who have registered on RM by January 1st 2016.
  • The minimum you need to spend is US$30-35. More is fine, but that's the minimum.
  • Pairing will be totally random.
  • The person you send to will NOT be the person who sends you a gift.
  • No details will be shared by me (the organizer) between the participents. If you want to remain a mystery, or don't want your full name anywhere, just don't put it on the box you send.

How To Enter - Send an email to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com:

PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THIS FORM INTO YOUR EMAIL:

Username:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Phone # (only used in case of lost packages):

Wish List:
(Please list at least 3 to 5 items, under US $30-35 dollars. Include your SIZE or other important info where required. If you don't have a wishlist that is OK but you might not get what you want from Santa)

All participants must be willing to ship to Canada or US, there has been very limited (none) interest from people overseas so this is only open to Canadian and US residents this year.

Dates:

• Nobember 25th: Enrollment closes. All emails must be sent by midnight on November 25th.
  • November 27th: All entrants will receive their pairing information.
  • December 24th: All gifts must reach their recipient on or before Christmas Eve.

Packaging Requirements:

• The packaging must be work safe. Feel free to stick another box inside with the usual RM stuff, but the outside of the box needs to be work friendly.
  • You must provide tracking numbers to me at rmsecretsanta@gmail.com!

If you do not send a gift you will be permanently banned from Ridemonkey.com

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've never sent cans via postal services, do they survive fine? I'm def thinking about throwing a four pack of some good stuff in there.
cans are less prone to damage than bottles (glass being more fragile) and are cheaper to ship (less cost). just pack appropriately.

i have received a 4 pack of tall boys in a small box tightly packed with a single layer of bubble wrap and they survived fine. i personally wouldn't pack them that way, but YMMV.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pairings should all be received. Please let me know if there's something wrong.

Note that I'm blind to the pairings unless I look into it, and I didn't have access to the last couple years' lists (I'm traveling) so you may get duplicate monkeys to past years. C'est la vie.

Have fun everyone! We got pretty good participation this year.