Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa for 2021!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well the sneaky postman decided not to let me know he had been by the house but @iRider let me know about the shipping info. Candy, beer and screwdrivers is all a man needs for Christmas. I actually still have some screwdrivers I bought in the 80s (started collecting tools as a kid) but some have been stolen from me by contractors and I have not fallen in love with the the all in one types plus with an old house I run into all kinds of screws. Thank you Alex for the gifts!

IMG_3681.jpg

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
And the same happened at my door step, Claus left a package unnoticed and sent me some wonderful danish Xmas beers, delicious and spirit full chocolate and a very nice Xmas card. Thx @CBJ for the awesome package, I'll enjoy all of it.

Attachments

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It’s here!

Thanks @stoney

neon yellow gloves, sour beer, and some check engine coasters to remind me of my Alfa! Thanks homey!
That's Haley. I told her your are my buddy with the Alfa that had more issues than the M. She asked if there was anything we could get for the Alfa. It was that or a die-cast. She also picked out the beer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's Haley. I told her your are my buddy with the Alfa that had more issues than the M. She asked if there was anything we could get for the Alfa. It was that or a die-cast. She also picked out the beer.
HA! She's a good kid! I'm hoping to only see those symbols on the coasters for a few years!

…something hot enough to sprout a JBP mustache…
BTW, I dipped a teaspoon in this and then stirred it up in a pint of salsa fresca, and holy shit. I was vibrating and had sweat dripping off my hayer and ears. Stuff is no joke and highly suggested if you really think you like hot…
Thank you RMSS!

Attachments

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thanks to my SS. Beers and new grips were just the ticket:banana:
Those grips are fucking amazing. Make sure you have the left/right on properly and the the angle mirroring - there is a notching on the inside. You never knew how bad straight grips felt until you've run a pair of mildly ergo grips. After I ran them on my first bike, I swapped them on all of my bikes. Best. Grips. Ever.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
According to my shipping tracking information my elf received his but hasn't responded here so far. Or I missed it :banana:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Those grips are fucking amazing. Make sure you have the left/right on properly and the the angle mirroring - there is a notching on the inside. You never knew how bad straight grips felt until you've run a pair of mildly ergo grips. After I ran them on my first bike, I swapped them on all of my bikes. Best. Grips. Ever.
what grips?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ergon GA and GE series grips. I can't ride straight grips anymore; they feel weird and fuck up my grip strength.
They were now twice on bikes that I bought used. As everybody likes them, I tried to gel with them. Played around with the rotation and such. They now feel comfortable ... after I replaced them with ODI Ruffian MX. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They were now twice on bikes that I bought used. As everybody likes them, I tried to gel with them. Played around with the rotation and such. They now feel comfortable ... after I replaced them with ODI Ruffian MX. :D
Ruffian's are huge diameter. If you are used to running grips that big, an ergo isn't going to work. I prefer a super thin grip and these were an increase in diameter to what I was used to (harharhar), but once I acclimated, I haven't been able to switch back. The 4x I got from @Full Trucker had normal ODI's and I couldn't ride properly until I swapped them over.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ruffian's are huge diameter. If you are used to running grips that big, an ergo isn't going to work. I prefer a super thin grip and these were an increase in diameter to what I was used to (harharhar), but once I acclimated, I haven't been able to switch back. The 4x I got from @Full Trucker had normal ODI's and I couldn't ride properly until I swapped them over.
I think you are talking about the ODI Rogue grips. Ruffians are thinner than the Ergons that were on the bike.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
The small EXT HSC tool is laser printed Ti and needs some work with small file. The bottle is typical Styrian Pumpkin seed oil and very delicious as salad oil, as topping on pasta, oil for scrambled eggs etc.
One of the bacons is air dried wild boar and the other one is from an old pork race which is organically reared in vineyards in the south of Styria. Cut them as thin as possible. The small glass jar is apple mustard, very delicious with smoked sausage. The rest should be self explanatory :D

Edit: the certificate was a print in a wrong format and therefore perfect stuffing material to protect the good stuff. :homer:

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Thanks for the heads up! I have some basic understanding of German but it is always nice to get pointers from the locals on how to use the products!
Nice you mentioned the ext tool, I wouldn't have figure out what it was otherwise :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Mostly in Stockholm where I live. I like to go to Åre during summer. Sometimes Järvsö or Gesunda. I went to Kisa recently and it was great for such a small park
Aha, my brother lives in Stockholm and my plan is to bring the bike next time. Maybe you can show us some trails! I do no longer have a DH bike and is down to a trail bike only.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Aha, my brother lives in Stockholm and my plan is to bring the bike next time. Maybe you can show us some trails! I do no longer have a DH bike and is down to a trail bike only.
Trail bike is fine too. Let me know when you are around!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@TreeSaw had me laughing when I showed my wife the box everything came in. LOL a bicycle seat belt. Thanks for all the bike and food treats and thank you for sharing the home grown maple syrup! Coffee beans were on the grocery list today.. not anymore :) Freakin Ridemonkey beanie is awesome too. My kiddos demanded sampling of the honey. Good times.

119084.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@TreeSaw had me laughing when I showed my wife the box everything came in. LOL a bicycle seat belt. Thanks for all the bike and food treats and thank you for sharing the home grown maple syrup! Coffee beans were on the grocery list today.. not anymore :) Freakin Ridemonkey beanie is awesome too. My kiddos demanded sampling of the honey. Good times.

View attachment 169875
Homegrown maple syrup? @TreeSaw do you tap your own trees?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Homegrown maple syrup? @TreeSaw do you tap your own trees?
We do! We've been making our own syrup since 2017. It isn't hard, is pretty much a low cost option for us now (Sq-Earl built our burner and we have make enough syrup to offset the cost of the taps, lines, pans for cooking and jars for canning). Plus, it's good for day drinking when the mud season is upon us.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

View attachment 169875
When I saw that box, I knew I had to use it. They had some other ones, but it was definitely perfect. The honey is made in Saratoga from wildflowers on their farmland. It can be ordered online too if they love it. That shop is cool (tea and honey) and has some really nice variety. Hope you enjoy the loot!