Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa for 2022!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome, Monkeys, to the Ridemonkey Secret Santa for 2022!

Dearest fellow monkeys, as we find ourselves plowing headlong into the holiday season, I would like to take a moment to tell you all how much I enjoy this event every year. Participation and rules have changed over the years but this is inevitably something I look forward to. I hope everyone is still enjoying it, and please let me know if there is something we can change or do differently.

Now, on to important business!

Given the continued flakiness with the US Postal Service, I am continuing last year's tradition where packages must be postmarked (not delivered) by Christmas Eve. As usual, monkeys in the US and Canada will be eligible to exchange packages. If we receive at least 3 entries from our cheese-eating Europeans, the EURMSS will proceed.

Interested but don't know what to expect? Check out past threads to see discussion and photos of the gifts!

Secret Santa: 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014

Rules and Requirements:
  • You must be a Ridemonkey member in the US, Canada or the EU, registered on or before January 1st, 2022.
  • The guideline for spend is typically around $35. Some people do more, that's fine, but this isn't intended to be a cheap crap exchange.
  • Pairing is randomized, and you will not be buying for the person who is buying for you.
  • External packaging must be work safe. Internal packaging is up to you.
  • Tracking numbers must be sent to ridemonkeysecretsanta@gmail.com
  • Failure to send a gift will result in a permanent ban
Safety Requirements:
  • If you are feeling ill, or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, do not pack or handle the presents. If this delays your package, contact me immediately. We will work something out.
  • People receiving gifts are encouraged to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after opening their gifts.
How To Enter:
In my continued attempts to automate this exchange as much as possible (and reduce pairing errors, like we had last year - sorry about that), I have created a form to fill out. Please fill the form out completely; information will be stored safely and will not go to anyone except me. If you have questions about your Elf or Santa, you can still email the standard rmsecretsanta@gmail.com address.

FILL OUT THE FORM HERE: https://forms.gle/hW9y946Coew79uJw5

Dates:
  • November 30th: All entrants must have filled out the above form by midnight on November 30th
  • December 3rd: All entrants will receive their pairing information
  • December 24th: All packages must be postmarked by midnight on December 24th
Happy holidays!

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@buckoW you should participate too. You must have some mtb swag or a home welded frame you can give away :-)

Is there other Euro Monkeys we can invite that. It's one of these things you have to try and you get hooked.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
@buckoW you should participate too. You must have some mtb swag or a home welded frame you can give away :-)

Is there other Euro Monkeys we can invite that. It's one of these things you have to try and you get hooked.
Does @Gary still count as European?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Truth is I wouldnt trust myself to remember to send something for RM Secret Santa

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Peterpan syndrome would be closer. But y'know... #reasons

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There are now 3 EURMSS entries, it is a go! But you won't get unique exchanges unless you can get a couple more participants - only so many ways you can rearrange 3 members.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Couple new names in this year - awesome!

Last day. If anyone wants to participate, get your entries in before I shut off the entry form when I wake up tomorrow.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
All pairings should have been sent. EURMSS participants should expect people they have received in the past. All other RMSS participants should have someone they have not received before.

Also this XKCD is a true story: