Quantcast

Ridemonkey Supports Conservative Candidates!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw this ad for Doug Hoffman, the Conservative candidate for US Rep in New York. This guy is endorsed by Sarah Palin and a host of other scumbag Republicans.

This is my opinion, not worth much since I do not own RM. However, I would recommend not having any political advertising to the mods and owners of RM.

Attachments

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I saw this ad for Doug Hoffman, the Conservative candidate for US Rep in New York. This guy is endorsed by Sarah Palin and a host of other scumbag Republicans.

This is my opinion, not worth much since I do not own RM. However, I would recommend not having any political advertising to the mods and owners of RM.
More like conservative candidates support Ride Monkey, but...:stupid::stupid::stupid:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What it is, is an Advertisement, it doesn't mean the weather site supports or doesn't support a candidate. it pays Bills. Pretty Sad if you are getting worked up by the fact the site is getting paid to run an ad.

THis is almost as Bad as when Stinky got all upset about an anti-obama ad

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223837
I'm not getting mad about RM's political advertising. I know how random ads are selected for revenue generation, although saying the owners are not responsible for the content is foolish on your part.

While internet advertising is not covered under the Communications Act of 1934 or the McCain-Feingold Act, agreeing to run this ad means the owners of RM support Doug Hoffman, especially since I just informed them of the content of the ad.

It would be like sneaking a "David Duke for President" sign onto your lawn. While you might not know it immediately, if you didn't remove it after you learned of it, then the perception that you support a White Supremacist would be accurate.

I remember the "Hit Obama Ad". I thought it was a stupid internet ad, no different than if it said "Hit Lindsay Lohan".

But this isn't an exploitative ad designed to be silly, but a paid political campaign ad.

I am very upset about that the influence of Sarah Palin, who her and her conservative allies has forced out the Republican nominee because she supported issues like pro-choice and same-sex marriage.

Or is ok for me to care considering my friends live in 23rd District? Or because I am actually 100 miles away from Watertown as I write this?

Splat, tell me what issues I should or should not care about?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I know most people don't give a damn how they earn their money. Unfortunately, since Ridemonkey and MTBR are both owned by the same company, I hope they won't keep accepting ads from conservative ads, because I won't surf their sites just like I haven't bought a Mountain Bike Action in 2 years.

Or should stop my boycott even though the owner of MBA still hates gay people?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
As a followup to this, Scozzafava dropped out of the race, so now it's down to Hoffman and Owens. It's too late for her to get off the ballot, so who knows what this'll do to the race other than give her an "out" when she loses badly. Will have to see exactly how this is going to break out. Would be interesting if the Conservative *still* lost, since it's such a Republican leaning district.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Now that I think about it, whointhehell pays attention to interweb political ads? I am too busy with the "meet hot singles in your area" ads...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
As a followup to this, Scozzafava dropped out of the race, so now it's down to Hoffman and Owens. It's too late for her to get off the ballot, so who knows what this'll do to the race other than give her an "out" when she loses badly. Will have to see exactly how this is going to break out. Would be interesting if the Conservative *still* lost, since it's such a Republican leaning district.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha. For some reason DRUDGE isn't blaring this as breaking news...

After bowing out of the 23rd Congressional race Saturday, Republican Scozzafava released the following statement today at 2 :06 p.m.:

I want to thank you for your support and friendship. Over the past 24 hours, I have had encouraging words sent to my family and me. Many of you have asked me whom you should support on Tuesday.

Since announcing the suspension of my campaign, I have thought long and hard about what is best for the people of this District, and how to answer your questions. This is not a decision that I have made lightly.

You know me, and throughout my career, I have been always been an independent voice for the people I represent. I have stood for our honest principles, and a truthful discussion of the issues, even when it cost me personally and politically. Since beginning my campaign, I have told you that this election is not about me; it's about the people of this District.

It is in this spirit that I am writing to let you know I am supporting Bill Owens for Congress and urge you to do the same.

It's not in the cards for me to be your representative, but I strongly believe Bill is the only candidate who can build upon John McHugh's lasting legacy in the U.S. Congress. John and I worked together on the expansion of Fort Drum and I know how important that base is to the economy of this region. I am confident that Bill will be able to provide the leadership and continuity of support to Drum Country just as John did during his tenure in Congress.

In Bill Owens, I see a sense of duty and integrity that will guide him beyond political partisanship. He will be an independent voice devoted to doing what is right for New York. Bill understands this district and its people, and when he represents us in Congress he will put our interests first.

Please join me in voting for Bill Owens on Tuesday. To address the tough challenges ahead, we must rise above partisanship and politics and work together. There's too much at stake in this election to do otherwise.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Or should stop my boycott even though the owner of MBA still hates gay people?
you shouldn't have bought it because it is visually unappealing and a piece of sh*t....way before you found out they hate the gays.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005

ah yes.
the ramblings of yet another open minded liberal !!!