Quantcast

Ridemonkey target demographic?

Metroid

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
Cary, NC
So I'm clickin' away here on the monkey and I see this banner ad (see pic below). WTF?!?! :confused: Are they trying to say that RM is visited by horizonally challenged women? :oink:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
14 & a girl....

oops..not a music thread...ok :) Ads are ads...they pay bills...at least that what admins hope :)

I wonder if the ads are based on wording on the page. On bikeforums ads popup based on words in the thread itself. Could it be somewhere on that page a thread could possibly be related?

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
ads based on words within the thread seems very possible, because there are all kinds of words on the threads that have nothing to do with the thread itself, but could cause some strange ad banner to be shown.

Some Crazy sh!t.

Metroid

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
Cary, NC
If you look, this ad was in the buy and sell forum. I'm not complaining. I understand it pays the bills, I just thought it was hilarious and out of place. I usually make note of the commercials while watching television to see who they think is watching the program. E.g. cat food and tapons = ladies (CBS made for TV movies), geritol and perscription drugs = old folks (evening news), cookie cereal and toys = kids (cartoons), etc.

On a related note, my favorite are when the key word ads are in a thread ripping on the product. A classic example was the "Buy Kryptonite Locks" on the Bikeforum.net thread on opening the Kryptonite locks with a Bic pen. Too funny.