Quantcast

Rider down/missing

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok so as most of you know, I've been racing/riding DH for most of my life now and have many friends in the sport. One of my buddies (Dan Carbonaro) and his friend Chris Rice went to the desert this weekend and have been reported missing for a while now. From what I've heard, they left out of Randsburg, CA. I guess there are air, ground and mine rescue teams searching for the two of them and there's still no trace of either of them...and it's been a couple days now.

I've known Dan since I started racing about 8 years ago and he helped me to become faster and faster on a DH bike. Recently, like myself, he's started riding only motocross and has strayed away from DH but kept all his riding buddies. Dan's goal with DH was to race pro (as was mine) and he did...and same with motocross...and he's getting faster and faster at that too. Anyways, just keep your thoughts/prayers with them because rescue is getting slimmer and slimmer and frankly I'm terrified I'm gonna loose an awesome friend.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks guys! The search has been called off for the night (again) and if they're still out there...one more night to go through. I still can't believe this is happening and wish this was all just a dream. Amazingly they didn't set out on motos but I believe on a Raptor or Polaris...something along those lines but even that is yet to be seen.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
There are soooo many folks in that area of the desert, I have the utmost confidence they will be found. On any given weekend there are 100K+ extra folks running around in the area between Mojave and Barstow, holiday times more. Best wishes and prayers for your friends to be found quickly...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Man...hope everything works out. Hopefully they packed enough stuff to take care of themselves for a while if they need to.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks guys! So far...no luck :( We've been lucky enough to get coverage in the news and on the radio about the search and finding any voulenteers to come help. Right now things are looking really slim and search and rescue is calling in more people from different counties. As of today they had an air team, ground crew, voulenteer riders on mx/quads, K9 and mine rescue teams in that area and still found no trace.

I'm finding it really strange that they vanished completely and nothing has been found. Really wish I could be out there helping with the search but go figure...I work for a company that makes rescue equipment but can't take the time off to help rescue...

Anyways, thanks for the support guys...really hoping it turns out well!!