Quantcast

Rider down...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn hope she comes through the other side okay.

Outside should surely have good insurance to cover their employees who participate in these sports as part of work duties, yeah?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Damn hope she comes through the other side okay.

Outside should surely have good insurance to cover their employees who participate in these sports as part of work duties, yeah?
Her friend says in the blurb that she has good insurance and the fundraiser is to make her recovery easier.

Fuck….. she’s still out?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
LOC is generally bad news for concussions.
not always, I have been knocked out twice. Once for 3 days (head on with a car) and once for 5 hours ( solo mtb OTB and off a cliff) and aside for some psych issues from waking up in the hospital after 3 days and not being able to move from the neck down. I physically recovered. She may be in a medically induced coma to promote healing.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've knocked myself out with a grade 3 concussion twice now. Both times were on bicycles. Once with a helmet on (saved my life I think) and once without a helmet. I recovered from both, had amnesia in the short term. When I knocked myself out in the skatepark I was the only person around. When I woke up there was a bunch of kids standing around me with their mouths open. I think they thought I was dead.

I hope she recovers fully! Brain injuries are seriously no good.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Damn, that sucks. I hope she can fully recover rapidly.

IMO, she is one of the most talented Mtb reviewers/communicators.