Quantcast

Riders (and designer) needed today for Colonnade grant proposal

Justin Vander Pol, a.k.a. Juice, is completing a grant proposal that would provide $15K for the Colonnade project. One of the grant requirements is a "creative demonstration or expression" of why BBTC needs the funds and how the grant money will help build community.
The concept we have in mind shows how the Colonnade will give bored/surly/delinquent kids (and adults) something constructive to do in the city without having to drive to hell and back. The two series of photos will show kids just hanging out looking bored, faux-graffiti-ing the colonnades, etc. - then riding at Colonnade (and maybe a few other urban spots, to add some stunts/etc to the mix, since Colonnade is just undeveloped trail, with some steeps, at this point).
Ideally I need more kids, but if you're an adult who wants to look surly and bored, I guess that might work too ;-) The only requirement is that you can bring yourself and a bike. Preferably a mountain bike though BMX would probably work too.
We're meeting at 4:30 at the entrance near Blaine and Franklin.
If you can show up, let me know, either by PM here or by calling me at 206.940.9265.
We also need a designer/production artist who could quickly finalize the presentation sometime between tonight and tomorrow at 4:30. I am a *decent* designer, but a pro or talented student would get it done hella faster than me and we're running out of time. I have a basic layout and copy ideas in mind...you could either work with those or propose your own.
Help, please! Colonnade has been a concept for far too long. $$$ could help make it a reality.