Quantcast

Riders in Salem, OR?

L

luelling

I'm new to this forum and I moved to Salem several days ago to take a new job. I was wondering if there are any riders on here from the Salem area? I was looking for some people to ride with, everything from urban to road bikes. It would be nice to get out with some people doing urban so that I could learn the city better. Thanks

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
I don't know how many others though. If you want to get in touch with the local scene try Santiam Bicycle (best bike shop in Salem), the Blackrock Freeride Association (BFA ) and the Merry Cranksters (Cranksters ). There's a bunch of us going to be out at Blackrock tomorrow (saturday) freeriding and finishing a new 30' jump - there's a map and directions on how to get there on the BFA website. We'll be there about 8am, come on out and join us. Or, if you're into xc, check out the trails at Dallas - Santiam has maps. If you want to do urban, you might want to post on the Santiam website or better yet - stop in and chat them up. Welcome to Salem!

L

luelling

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'm going to be in Hood this weekend for the downhill race, but when I get back I will check everyone out. I've looked at the website for the Fall City freeride park and it looks awsome.......I'm glad to see an organization get approval for something like that. BTW if you are going to be building in the future out there, let me know, I would like to come out and put in a helping hand. I PM'd you my email.