Quantcast

Ridiculous Roommate Wanted Ad

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have to agree with JohnE on this, it would be a lot more fun to actually get to engage her on some of this. That ad is so blatant, so absolute elitist gutter punk thunder cunt that it was begging for someone to mess with her. However, all of my strange email tauntings are just justification to her for her down the snout, I meant nose, view of the world.

Mind you this doesn't mean I am going to stop messing with her, but its kind of academic without any reply from her.

Oh well, some people just kill the good times by not replying.

Or she's so retarded that she has her spam settings so high that no one has gotten through to her. But what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of that house when the emails hit her mail box...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I need to hit RM more often. Internet gold right here. This is almost as good as Stinky's neighbor-hooker thread.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I have to agree with JohnE on this, it would be a lot more fun to actually get to engage her on some of this. That ad is so blatant, so absolute elitist gutter punk thunder cunt that it was begging for someone to mess with her. However, all of my strange email tauntings are just justification to her for her down the snout, I meant nose, view of the world.

Mind you this doesn't mean I am going to stop messing with her, but its kind of academic without any reply from her.

Oh well, some people just kill the good times by not replying.

Or she's so retarded that she has her spam settings so high that no one has gotten through to her. But what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of that house when the emails hit her mail box...
nah, your original emails were too far over the top to warrant a reply, as dumb as this girl is she still probably sniffed you out. It was funny, but it was like you were trying to get to homeplate before tagging first, second, or third.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
She may be a tad intimidated from Dirt's uber dysfunctional coolness. He may be too good for her and she knows it. One thing Asheville Gutter Punks can't stand is to be out weirded.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I know, I took it too far out of the gate, but now its just some sort of passing amusement for me to send this stench cooch out there and somewhat insane emails.

After I get out of this morning's work pattern, I am going to sit down and write what I think is going to be the last one. Somewhere along the lines of how worshiping headless Barbies is a bonafeid religion, and how her not letting him move in post haste is a violation of the fair housing act.

Not expecting a reply, but then again, you never know.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The last one for the week...

Hey youse,

So I still haven't heard back from you yet. I am beginning to realize that maybe a guy like me sounds like a lot to handle as a roommate. What with the PTSD, the Monitor Lizard, my medical issues that are not congruent with your lifestyle choices, my love of FWB with my roommates (and can you blame me, you sound kinda hot and demanding in your ad) and my strange habits, I could see how you might think that.

But what I really think the issue here is my religious choices. So what if I worship Dick Cheney by beheading Barbie dolls and stringing them up around my room, this is my right under the First Amendment to the Constitution. Remember, this is the same amendment that protects you and I alike, and I am a little disappointed with you for judging me for this. Really, you're no better than I am with your alternative lifestyle and your choice to avoid beef products.

But what you fail to recognize is that your ad, in and of itself, is a clear and prominent violation of the Federal Fair Housing Act. I am not sure if your are familiar with it, but let me give you the high light reel of what it is you're in violation of.

With regards to posting an ad on Craigslist and the Fair Housing Act, I have reported your ad to CL due to what I feel is a bad faith violation of the spirit of the following statement on the part of CL.

"When making any posting on craigslist, you must comply with section 3604(c) of the Federal Fair Housing Act. This law generally prohibits stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of a dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on any of the following protected categories:

* Race or Color
* National Origin
* Religion
* Sex
* Familial Status
* Handicap / Disability"

Frankly I feel you have been prejudiced against me on both the basis of Sex, Handicap, Religion and National Origin. You don't like white males, you don't like people with disabilities, and you don't like the fact that I was born in Nigeria. I think this puts you in a highly actionable position.

Furthermore, I think you're also in violation of the following parts of the Fair Housing Act and of Craigslist's standards:

* Decision-making: Although the prohibition on discriminatory advertising applies to roommate and shared housing situations, federal Fair Housing laws do not cover the basis of decisions made by landowners who own less than four units, and live in one of the units. This means that in a situation in which a landlord owns less than four rental units, and lives in one of the units, it is legal for the owner to discriminate in the selection process based on the aforementioned categories, but it is illegal for that owner to advertise or otherwise make a statement expressing that discriminatory preference.

Under federal Fair Housing law, the prohibition on discriminatory advertisements applies to all situations except the following:

* Shared Housing Exemption -- If you are advertising a shared housing unit, in which tenants will be sharing a bathroom, kitchen, or other common area, you may express a preference based upon sex only.
* Private Club and Religious Exemptions -- A religious community or private club whose membership is not restricted based upon race, color, or national origin may restrict tenancy only to its members in a property that it owns, and may advertise to that effect.

In your ad you made very specific mentions of things that you won't tolerate, all of which are covered by the Fair Housing Act. Smarten up, and get back to me, otherwise I am going to have a chat with the local HUD office about you, along with doing my damnedest to get your Craigslist account canceled and to get you evicted by your current landlord.

Thanks for your time, and smarten up,
Ian

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Mind you she's far too cool, and far too knowledgeable of all things ('cept showers) to reply. But I did report her to CL for violating HUD laws, so we'll see if they take any action.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
She got evicted. Turns out the property management company she was leasing from reads Craigslist.

I may have a copy of the ad floating around somewhere though.