Quantcast

Ridiculous..!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I don't always control what ads the networks put into rotation. There aren't supposed to be "a bunch of popups". I think they are supposed to serve one popunder per 12 hours. Is anyone else seeing "a bunch of popups"?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I am no longer going to use this site. I despise pop ups and advertisements and that's all I get from this site now. :spam:
Considering the last time you posted (in 2004) was to profess your love of Mountain Bike Action magazine, this post comes as no surprise.

Pure.
Genius.

:clapping:

chunky

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Soo'er Canduh...
just cuz I don't post in internet forums does not mean that I do not use a website. I am constantly searching the classified ad sections on this and many other mountain bike sites. The reason I don't post on internet forum sites is because i feel that arguing on the internet is like winning gold at the special olympics. win or lose.. it's effin retarded.

I don't generally need to use adblockers. I have an iMac G5. the only pop ups I get are ones generated by the websites themselves as opposed to spyware. Every time I go to a new page on ridemonkey, whether it's the home page, the classified pages or whatever else, I get another pop up. I worked for Microsoft, Dell, Gateway and an affiliate of google. This is a site that loads more tracking cookies than I am comfortable with.

Just an opinion on how this site has changed over the years. I used to love this site. Now I'm only on pinkbike.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
<snip>

Just an opinion on how this site has changed over the years. I used to love this site. Now I'm only on pinkbike.
Don't think that I am just trying to argue, because, well I just don't do that, but I am confused. Does pinkbike have a real time link, or are you actually reading all of this here on ridemonkey??? Just wondering.

btw - sorry about the pop ups. I joined years ago and don't see them with my premium membership.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
I have enjoyed this forum,I don't think I have had anyone bash on me for asking a simple Q? or start a argument,I sure I have posted some ridiculous threads but I have always received the right info.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I get pop ups every time I open a thread,even after I get ride of it,there comes another I see what he means.
It is quite annoying.
I don't know why that happens to some people. Sorry about that. I think I might be able to doscontinue the pops completely soon.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
1. Download vBulletin.
2. Buy a Perl for Idiots book.
3. Get a server and an internet connection.

No ads.