Quantcast

Ridin In & Around CEDAR CITY UT

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
I am takin my first trip out to UT this spring. Although it is a ways away i am starting to gather info now about all the ridin. I will be stayin in Cedar City with a buddy. Just wonderin if anybody has any suggestions of trails or places to ride in and outside of that area. Thanx to anybody that can help. -------------Ride

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
I am takin my first trip out to UT this spring. Although it is a ways away i am starting to gather info now about all the ridin. I will be stayin in Cedar City with a buddy. Just wonderin if anybody has any suggestions of trails or places to ride in and outside of that area. Thanx to anybody that can help. -------------Ride
I live in Ceadr City, so I may be of some help,does your buddy ride?
If not I can point out some really good trails.:clapping:
what are you in to?

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
Actually my buddy does ride. i'd be looking for freeride/downhill type trails. Any help you could give would be great. thanx...............RIDe

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
there are some realy good trails that are up in brainhead and if you want a short drive you can ride the C-trail which is an old abandoned hearding trail for sheep and I'm currently working on some platforms this year along with a teter toters,the one in brianhead has alot of technical to full out bomb down the mountain,the dark hollow takes about an hour to an hour an half ride down a few up hill rides but alot of fun,you start at the rock cabin and head down the dirt road that you come up on and when you get to the lower parking lot you hang a left and head up a short hill ride for about half a mile hang a left again and it will take you down a full out rock hill,you'll get to some flat spots and then you'll run into a dirt road again you follow this and you come around a couple bends but keep an eye out for a trail that turns right it will have a small sign saying darkhollow trail you take this and just follow it for awhile,when you get near the end you will know because you end at a dirt road you take a left and if the road is good you can get up to speeds of 50 to 60 mpr it is fun, they had a bunch of huge burms so when you get up to these speeds you can maintain them but if the road appears choppy they have just grated it we lose the burms and you have to go slow which sucks but we try to ride enough to bring it back and get it smooth again,the only down fall to this trail,if you want to ride the C-trail it's a 20 min drive in cedar an the tail is short but sweet it starts at the top of the mountain and it is a marked trail you start at the look out point and head down from there, allot of switch backs but you can go fast there is a few flat spots and sometimes it is really rocky,now as I mentioned before you can take an old trail or the new trail the new trail is all switch backs but you can go off a few things and it takes you a little longer to go down and then the old you have to watch for ,you can pass it if your not paying attention, look for a bench on the way down it will be the first bench on your left when I say bench its a siting bench so watch for it ,the other way to tell is you have to get off your bike to climb up this hill if you have to do this you went to far go back to the bench and head to you right its a trail that is not noticeable so the only way is to watch for this is to look for the bench or the steep hill ,the old has allot of drops to jumps an step ups and the field goal which is a 30' gap to trail gaps step downs and rock drops it is pretty natural on on the technical stuff we try to build off the environment,when you get to a flat spot after the field goal you follow a four wheeler trail and when you get to a point where you can't go straight any more don't go left or right you climb up a little mound and you'll come to a step drop off and there will be a trial in front of you take that and it will lead you down the mountain but beware there are gaps in the trail to jump over the atv trails, take this C-trail at your own risk it does get hairy at times but it is super fun,this is the trail I ride most of the time,its in my back yard.
If you want to ride the virgin trail it take about an hour to get to and thats where they had the red bull challenge not sure what year but I want to go this year.
Any questions give me PM and if you don't know how to get to these places I would be happy to assist or ride with ya or if buddy doesn't either.

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
Thanx for all the info. I realizd that the red bull rampage in Virgin isnt far away and I'd really like to check that out. I just want to get out there and ride ride ride. Ya never know we might need a tour guide of sorts if you want to ride with us. All the trails you spoke of sound like the kind of riding i want to do. any other info you got is greatly appreciated. ........................RIDe

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
my buddies name is Joe, he just started going to school at the University of southern Utah and he rides a bighit.

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
My buddy hasn't ridden yet because he just got there this month. But he keeps tellin me how crazy it looks. I live in the northeast in MA. so i have never ridden there.i'm sure by the time i get out there my buddy will have ridden on several occasions.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
If he wants to head up with some of us he's more than welcome to,we car pool up and trade off allot of the times the other times I ride up on the new C and then go down the old I'm not sure if he likes to bike up but he's more than welcome to go.
You can give him my email if you want( bork_danielle@yahoo.com)
we go up every saturday morning in the summer and spring,and then we'll go up to brain head when it open and ride the lifts or other trails,lift tickets are $70.00 for the season.
the other is the DH races are held in brianhead so if he's interested,you guy are more than welcome to contact me.
what you you guys ridding?

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
Are these areas good to ride in March, in terms of weather? if not where are some locations that are possible riding locations. I am coming out my buddies spring break and wasn't sure if there is snow cause of the elevations in the area?

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
st.george is definitly good in march the lower of cedar is good,the upper elevation like brian head still might be to early it does open til june or july,but st. george is always good for a ride,even in the 60's.
you won't have any problems on the trails with your rigs.
have you done any night ridding?

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
right on we try to do darkhollow in the dark,the ride takes about two to two and a half hours ride with no lights but the moonlight allot of fun,full moon is the best time.
you still have snow in MA?

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
I live on cape cod, the weather has been decent except Right now as i write it is freakin' cold outside, but no snow. in the last two weeks we had like 5 days of fifty degree weather. But now we are in a cold spell. ridin this winter has been awesome tho. That night ride under the moon sounds badass, I'm definitly game for somethin' like that.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
its a ride and it gets you going,you have to miss most of the rock drops and log jumps,its to dark, but you can go fast in some areas,it been like that too here in cedar we had some nice weather for a few days now it's dropping to 10 deg right now and suppose to get to 0 deg. here tonight.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
It makes we want to ride now.
we go during the winter but only when there is a couple inches after that it get scary.
does your friend write on this forum?

GetGoneRidin

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
As far as I know my buddy doesn't write on this forum but i gave him your email and told him that I was gettin more info about the area. He just moved there, but he is gettin to know a couple locals and some ridin grounds.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
sweet,he'll have fun here,my buddies and I were thinking virgin here in the next couple of weeks If he wants to go he should hook up with us.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Its just past Las Vages by Hover Dam.
Its a real fun place to ride and the trails nerver change so you dont have to worry about trail changing every time you go there.
VM