Quantcast

Riding around Phoenix AZ May 19th through the 22nd?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will be out in Phoenix AZ May 19th through the 22nd. Is there any good riding not too far from there? Also any good place to rent a bike to ride due to not being able to take my own on this trip. “Or anyone welling to show me around and have an extra bike I can ride?”

Thanks,
Cecil

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
South Mountain. Its gotta be getting hot out there though...

Super chunk. But some of the trails are actually quite fast despite the chunk.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Drive 2 hrs north to Sedona. Great trails, a little higher up so maybe a touch cooler and two great shops to rent bikes from. Sedona Bike and Bean and Absolute bikes are just south of Sedona and right next to the trails. I hooked up with some locals for a ride and they took me on some great tech trails with some good rock steeps and flowing fast singletrack.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
If you want to stay and ride in Phoenix, stop into Cactus Bikes, they have rentals and can point you in the right direction for a good ride.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
what part of phx? it's a big place.
south mountain would be the spot to hit for all-mountain & dh trails. cactus bike is a mile from there and rents giants as well as provides guided tours of the trails. there are also groups that do shuttles on wed mornings as well as weekends.

holbert - shuttle
geronimo - shuttle
national down - pedal
national up