Quantcast

Riding Around Seattle

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Hello ...
I am considering a possible move to Seattle. I would most likely be working down town .. I am trying to gauge how this might affect my riding...

Are there rides close enough to ride before or after work ? (apox time to get to )
Where is the best riding in the area?
What is the riding like?

** edit ** also how's the race scene?

Thanks soooo much!!
- Chelsea

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Another CO transplant? SHEESH!

There is enough close-by riding that you can easily swing a before and/or after session. Of course, not knowing what type of riding you are into, I cannot say how far away or how much time your riding will take you :)

We have every type of riding available within a descent distance from downtown. Your best bet is going to be hitting up someone or a group of someones to show you around.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
I am an ... mmmm an aggressive xc rider .. i mean for a girl at least :)
I ride for fun descents but enjoy the pain of the climbs .. when they are done. (out here its usually 5 or so miles up) then you get the fun stuff...

I ride a spot 29er ss made for the short kids ..

Jun 18, 2004
I am an ... mmmm an aggressive xc rider .. i mean for a girl at least :)
I ride for fun descents but enjoy the pain of the climbs .. when they are done. (out here its usually 5 or so miles up) then you get the fun stuff...

I ride a spot 29er ss made for the short kids ..
You would like the bbtc(.org) rides or the lunachix(.com) rides... plenty of riding to do...

you would like tokul, griffin, tolt, tapeworm, sst, st. eds/big finn hill...

plenty of other places that I can't speak to because I just havn't had the time to ride all of them...

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
.. I have heard such things, although yesterday it looked pretty nice!!
The important question is .. can you ride when it's raining ..
The question is can YOU ride when its raining :D

You should be just fine. Might find a new tire you like for winter but other then making things wet the rain here does not soak you like a CO thunderstorm. Puddles will get you wetter then our rain. There are ton's of good trails in every sort of range within a short car ride from Seattle. A big aspect is where you end up living in the Seattle area, some burbs have trails right next to them.

Even in the city you can ride Colonade and hit the pump track, jumps, skinnys, ladders etc etc so you will be covered.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I just moved here about two weeks ago.
Riding more here then I did in the south. Not sure if that's an accurate gauge, but it is what it is in my life.

Road riding in N. Seattle to keep some type of fitness is easy.
Good riding is about an hour out. Worth the drive to Anacortes for XC though.