Quantcast

Riding at the Gulch this afternoon

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hey....

I pedaled into work today on the Juli...and am planning on hitting up the Japanese Gulch after work. Anyone game? 4:00ish?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Dangit! I was going to bottle the 15 gallons of beer I brewed last night and family obligations slid it out to today. I'll be driving right by there anyways too. So, no bikey for me. (Originally planning to hit Victoria Tract tonight before the Fire Closure). But, JG would be cool too.
Please let us know how the nettle issue is. I've heard they are especially bad in the gulch the past month. BTW: I get outta work at 3:30 so these start times work better for me too. I know Evilbob rides there often too. I'd like to hit it soon.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yeah...I was kinda hopin to see the Evilbob-meister postin in here too...it's been awhile since he and I had a chance to take a spin together.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
I should just start bringing the C-dale to work. As it is I can't get out of here today until 4 and it looks like I pinched a tube riding late last night. I may just bite the bullit (not Jr) and install my Stans kit tonight. If any of you would like to hit JG tomorrow at the same time I will be ready for that let me now today. Hey girlie we haven't even talked for a couple of weeks and I miss our regular rides, just been very busy at work and riding later up to and past dark. Give me a ring :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
I should just start bringing the C-dale to work. As it is I can't get out of here today until 4 and it looks like I pinched a tube riding late last night. I may just bite the bullit (not Jr) and install my Stans kit tonight. If any of you would like to hit JG tomorrow at the same time I will be ready for that let me now today. Hey girlie we haven't even talked for a couple of weeks and I miss our regular rides, just been very busy at work and riding later up to and past dark. Give me a ring :thumb:
Maybe I can get Kevin to hit it after work with you tomorrow. He could leave right after work and head over. He needs to get out of the house!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yeah...tomorrow I gots to actually head south to the parental figures home...they need their lawn watered while out of town and since I'm snaking their water pressure thingamajigger and their ice cream maker, I got pegged as the right person for the task ;). I'll be riding at the worm mayyyybe tomorrow (tending to a couple of stray kitties after work tomorrow as well). Tonight's my gulch ride. I'll post the nettle situation tonight.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Maybe I can get Kevin to hit it after work with you tomorrow. He could leave right after work and head over. He needs to get out of the house!
Sounds good let me know so we can work the details. :thumb: Anyone else?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jr_Bullit said:
Yeah...tomorrow I gots to actually head south to the parental figures home...they need their lawn watered while out of town and since I'm snaking their water pressure thingamajigger and their ice cream maker, I got pegged as the right person for the task ;). I'll be riding at the worm mayyyybe tomorrow (tending to a couple of stray kitties after work tomorrow as well). Tonight's my gulch ride. I'll post the nettle situation tonight.
I really want to go but my leggs are fried right now, ouchi. :rolleyes:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jr_Bullit said:
Suddenly I'm riding alone and it's pouring outside...I didn't realize it was winter yet :p
Rain :confused: I'm inside a building with no windows that's inside another building with no windows.........I have no idea what it is like outside. :think: :think: :think: If you haven't ridden JG when it gets wet then let this be your warning, it can get very slippery there in a few places. As for winter you absolutly must come out for a JG night ride in the snow with me......totally awesome. :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
evilbob said:
Rain :confused: I'm inside a building with no windows that's inside another building with no windows.........I have no idea what it is like outside. :think: :think: :think: If you haven't ridden JG when it gets wet then let this be your warning, it can get very slippery there in a few places. As for winter you absolutly must come out for a JG night ride in the snow with me......totally awesome. :thumb:
I have no doubt it can be a touch slimy in there in spots...all the more fun when you turn it around and go back down the hill! :D Look out for those bridges too, those are all a touch old with nice mud bogs on either side. I wonder how long it's been since the gulch was given any TLC?