Quantcast

Riding Auburn...

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Like JB said, its OK. Worth a drive from Truckee? I would say hell no. A lot of the dh trails are actually part of an ohv park and are shared with dirt bikes and quads, which is fine except that all of these trails were plowed into smooth fire roads a little over a year ago which imo brought the suck to Auburn.

Well, given the time of year, it might be worth the drive to Auburn from Truckee. Not much else to ride as far as I know that's closer to Truckee?

We are probably shuttling Auburn next Sunday. Let me know if you want to join.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I'd like to join ya guys on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything planned. This will be my first time up this year. Conditions okay out there? Rutted up pretty bad?

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Hey Ryan, why so bitter? I think Auburn has one of the best trail networks around. Quick, rough, fast, easy to shuttle, ridable in the rain, varying dgrees of difficulty, jumps, trees, roots, rocks fireroads, singletrack...I love it. I am down to go ride with anyone, anytime. I have the timing system I ordered showing up any day now for training and some underground DH races also...anybody interested call me or pm me or visit us at The Hub bike shop in Roseville.
H

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I like the idea of some underground races!

I was actually planning on setting up some stop-watch races up there, this summer. Regardless, I've moved from sacramento to santa cruz, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss auburn. I love the trails here, but there are always going to be sections in auburn that I can improve on. And like other people have mentioned already, it's eaaaasy to shuttle.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Hey Ryan, why so bitter? I think Auburn has one of the best trail networks around. Quick, rough, fast, easy to shuttle, ridable in the rain, varying dgrees of difficulty, jumps, trees, roots, rocks fireroads, singletrack...I love it. I am down to go ride with anyone, anytime. I have the timing system I ordered showing up any day now for training and some underground DH races also...anybody interested call me or pm me or visit us at The Hub bike shop in Roseville.
H
That sounds cool. I will have to head up to Auburn and check it out sometime.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Hey MTJ, you need to change your location on your personal...SC is good, have you ridden Jugs or Evans? Airborne? SIck and Twisted? there's some great trails down there, not as easy to shuttle but it definitely has longer runs. Come through wehn you come up to N* this summer.
H

ServeEm, J_B: Hit me back thru PM if you want to join for sure.
We have three in the group right now, so another one or two would be good to speed up the shuttle process!
Thinking of meeting under the green bridge around 10am.

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Hey Ryan, why so bitter? I think Auburn has one of the best trail networks around...
H
How you doing Heath? Yea, that did sound bitter, my apologies. Truth be told, I was pissed when they plowed the trails, turned Eastside from a rutted, rock strewn trail into a lazy fireroad:( But I still love Auburn. I havent done much of any riding since N* closed, so some shuttle runs sound good for this weekend!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Fork didn't show :( Next week I'll be in Fontucky...week after maybe? or during the week? Where are you staying now? You should peep The Hub, it's a little different than the last time you guys were in.
H

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Whats up guys well i wish i could go but i am out a DH bike I hope to have one by summer..

But i just got a new DJ going to try it out tommorow with Dean from SWD should be good times..

Marc

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Whats up Brian i am good just been busy with my family I no you understand.. I had to sell the Glory to help my mom out with some medical bills a few months back but she is good now so I need a new rig.... anyone got a giant glory they want to sell???

I want mine back Dohhh.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
It was nice seeing everyone today. Even though I took the trail bike and climbed up a few times, it was still fun.

Well, except for the hikers on Culvert standing in the middle of the blind corners on the descent and the super short travel guys/gals climbing up Culvert, but who cares, I actually got to ride so that's all that mattered.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Whats up Brian i am good just been busy with my family I no you understand.. I had to sell the Glory to help my mom out with some medical bills a few months back but she is good now so I need a new rig.... anyone got a giant glory they want to sell???

I want mine back Dohhh.
Glad to hear your mom is okay:thumb: How about a new Karpiel? I'm the US sales rep and have the new model Disco and Army due out within the next 2-3 months...................Stay tuned:monkeydance:

Great day today!
J_B missed ya somehow. Wonder if we say you at some point and didn't know it.

Man, last Sunday it was raining buckets and muddy, today dry, warm, and DUSTY already. Wuzzupwitdat? crazy crazy cali zone.

ryanxy good to meet you and get to ride with you some. You'll have to coerce Mr. Trout to come out the next time.

Till next time! out....

surlygirly

Chimp
Feb 25, 2005
Hey!

I just wanted to extend a HUGE thanks to those Auburn guys who gave us a shuttle today....you rock!

Great riding with you and I hope all the contusions heal quickly!

-M

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Great day today!

ryanxj good to meet you and get to ride with you some. You'll have to coerce Mr. Trout to come out the next time.

Till next time! out....
Mike-
Thanks again for the invite to join your crew! It was a great day to be out there and am glad I made it. Weather was perfect and the trails were in great shape. It definitely got me pumped up to start trying to go riding Auburn every weekend like I used to...at least until N* opens :)

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I'm thinking a tad earlier, 9am. The wife owes me one, she'll be shuttling so we can get more runs in. I wanna hit all the jumps thru culvert/confluence this go round.

DraVen

Chimp
Jul 2, 2006
Sac.
so she is the " Shuttle B****"? (no offense) and that is what i was thinking about hitting all the jumps minus the rock step up