Quantcast

Riding bikes is fun! (with a helmet cam)

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I'm starting to really dislike helmet cams... just not that enjoyable to watch... Nice to see a whole trail but you can't really tell what's goin on very well anyway.

They do look a lot better when there is a rider infront and the helmet cam rider is following, you can see alot more of what's happening and it reduces the motion sickness effect...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Thanks for posting but the thing made me motion sick......never been a fan of helmet cams really. At the beginning it looked like the camera was mounted in the guys croutch...

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Im thinking your using one of those new camera set ups, the ones with the helmet strapped to your chest... it kinda seems you need to strap it on a bit tighter so it doesnt move around so much and the lense seemed to have fogged up. I like the helmet cam better, cause it doesnt move so much. Other than that, the trail looks nice and smooth

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
I love helmetcam footage. I agree though, that chest mount seemed pretty jiggly. I did like being able to see the rider's knees, gave a better feel of body positioning.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
got my GoPro wide on friday and tested it yesterday for the first time. Realized that you have to really tighten the chest straps or the camera will jump around all the time. The helmet mount is neat though.
here some test footage from yesterday:
GoPro wide test video on Vimeo

Wasn't my best day on the bike but still better than no riding at all.