Quantcast

Riding buddy needed

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
Hey everyone,

I'm jonesing to ride, but I don't want to go alone. With other humans that is. The dog is fun, but communication is lacking. :)

I've got a Vanagon for transporting the bikes.

XC, singletrack, DH, whatever, I just want to ride out in the woods.

Right now my schedule is wide open so I can go anytime.

I don't stink and I'm a personable guy. Hit me up.

Cheers all

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
^Cool. Thanks. Will do.

I should have also mentioned that I don't really know where to go. I've been to SST once, St. Edwards once, and one of the exits.

I've lived here all my life, but just recently got back into MTB'g. I've been doing a lot of reading up on all the trails, but always feel a bit uncomfortable until I've been there in person. And it always seems like I remember better when I'm driving for some reason.

Cheers

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sunday i'm going to go across the water to ride a trail called Lower Big Quilcene. It's supposed to be good, i've never ridden it. It'll be around 14 miles, singletrack going up then you ride it back down. Probably leave the Seattle area at 8ish. i've ridden with almost everyone on the board and i need to ride with more people so i can keep my reputation as a bikey whore active.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Sunday i'm going to go across the water to ride a trail called Lower Big Quilcene. It's supposed to be good, i've never ridden it. It'll be around 14 miles, singletrack going up then you ride it back down. Probably leave the Seattle area at 8ish. i've ridden with almost everyone on the board and i need to ride with more people so i can keep my reputation as a bikey whore active.
So we are down for Sunday? Kevin is in too. Are you thinking driving around or ferry across?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
jeff...we were thinking saturday at galby...but it depends on just how late we get back from some banquet we have to attend friday evening...

im guessing we will be going no matter what...

so if you hit up galby on saturday and go with skooks n crew on sunday..you will be pooped by monday :D

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Skookum said:
Aw man..Skook you and your epic rides. I had a hard enough time keeping up with you guys at tape worm on my 48 lb boat. North Shore for sure...(not like I'm invited to join u anyway lol)

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
Skookum said:
Thanks a lot for the invite. I'll really try to make that. I'll PM you later if it looks likely.

seand said:
jeff...we were thinking saturday at galby...but it depends on just how late we get back from some banquet we have to attend friday evening...

im guessing we will be going no matter what...

so if you hit up galby on saturday and go with skooks n crew on sunday..you will be pooped by monday
Cool. The weather so far looks the best for Sat. but who knows what it'll actually be like by then.

Whistler is definitely on my down the road a little bit list. How much is a day's lift ticket anyway? I need to start figuring out what to sell for a little trip up there, ha ha. If you've got a passport, the border coming back is a breeze, no?

Cheers

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
So we are down for Sunday? Kevin is in too. Are you thinking driving around or ferry across?
i'm not really sure yet... i think i might go down to Tacoma and pick up JohnnyG and go up the peninsula. But i really think a ferry trip from where you guys are a Bainbridge or Kingston run would be faster since it's a little south of the Hood Canal Bridge. You could just meet us in Quilcene. But if you want to drive all the way around and follow us, then after the ride do the ferry back home, that could be a plan too.

Monkeybidnezz said:
Aw man..Skook you and your epic rides. I had a hard enough time keeping up with you guys at tape worm on my 48 lb boat. North Shore for sure...(not like I'm invited to join u anyway lol)
TapeWorm is a totally different trail, and according to most real XC'er round these parts i've been told a true epic is like 30 plus miles where you have to climb more than 4000 feet of elevation. Wanna try one of those on your boat? :D

This goes to practically everybody....
All my rides are open invite, you don't have to keep up all the way, it's not about being in a rush or trying to race. Just ride the best you can and everything else will take care of itself. I don't lead XC rides and i don't lead DH rides, all's you got to have is a little bit of stamina and a little bit of skill for a trail ride.

Parabola said:
Thanks a lot for the invite. I'll really try to make that. I'll PM you later if it looks likely.
Sounds good to me, i think this ride is gonna be around the distance of a Tiger Mt. The climb up shouldn't blow your lungs out too bad and the ride back down is supposed to be super nice. i've heard there is an offshoot trail about halfway up that's supposed to be all gnarly and technical, and this trail is supposed to be fast and fun and people have claimed it to be the coolest trail west of the Sound(i never really believe that kinda stuff) but if it's as fun than Green Mt. i suppose it's worth checkin out. :)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
jeff - you are looking at 40 bucks for a lift pass at whistler...

to get back into the country..it doesnt matter if you have a letter from the president...they will harass you...tis the american way :) but yes, a passport is all you need.

saturday we are DEF doing galby. weather looks best for sat to do a trip up there...i get to see how my hardtail rides up there, which im stoked about, and all that jazz...not sure on a time yet...still working that out.

we also need to work on driving arrangements. we have 3 racks on our car and will have 4 bikes...hmmmmm. maybe we should make frank ride up to bellingham on his teal bighit :D

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
seand said:
jeff - you are looking at 40 bucks for a lift pass at whistler...

to get back into the country..it doesnt matter if you have a letter from the president...they will harass you...tis the american way :) but yes, a passport is all you need.

saturday we are DEF doing galby. weather looks best for sat to do a trip up there...i get to see how my hardtail rides up there, which im stoked about, and all that jazz...not sure on a time yet...still working that out.

we also need to work on driving arrangements. we have 3 racks on our car and will have 4 bikes...hmmmmm. maybe we should make frank ride up to bellingham on his teal bighit :D
I could drive too. That will give everyone more room. Or the vanagon would hold everybody comfortably if I had it set up correctly. I've got the back seat, but no rack for all the bikes. I don't think we could squeeze all the people and bikes inside.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
you can take frank and his teal bike :)

we are going to leave by 10am..that work for you?

drop me an email if dats cool!