Quantcast

Riding Crankless is the new trend! (saves so much weight)

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal

140mm rotor

I dont see it...
So tell profile to hurry the fuck up and get me my 6" Ti spindle. been waiting two months :plthumbsdown: (I looked at the visa bill and they actualy had the odassity to charge me the 300 bucks before they even had it in stock) (but no haten their products are the ****)

But on a more positive note I pretty much finished my bike, cut both the steer tubes of the trailblade and F100 and put all the parts together. Gunna lower the fork to 80-60mm later down the road after I ride it and see what I like.

Specs:
Frame: NS suburban (Green)
Fork: Fox 32 F100 and DMR Trailblade 2
Wheels: Halo SAS (black)
Front Tire: Kenda Small Block 8 1.9
Rear Tire: Maxlight 310 1.9
Seat: Federal Slim SL Pivotal (white) (drilled and gutted internals)
Seat Post: Poverty Alloy Pivotal w/ shim(cut/drilled)
Headset: Chris King 1 1/8 Headset (black)
Stem: Blk Mrkt Underboss
Bars: Answer Protaper 2” rise
Grips: Animal (black)w/ drilled bar ends
Brake: juicy 7 w/ Goodridge braided steel hose and Hayze V5 rotor(putting hose in later)
Chain: KMC K710SL hollow pin (silver) w/ superstar half link
Cranks: Profile race (white) w/ titanium axle
Spindle: 26t Tree Bikes Splined drive (black) (26:12gear ratio)
Pedals: Odyssey PC plastic (black)
Single Speed: Gusset Double6 Conversion Kit 12t

Exactly 20.3 lbs w/ fox f100 and brake as seen in 3rd pic
Comments?

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
when my POS cranks broke riding up a hill going home, i had to push it up a couple hills and across alot of flat so i rode it like a little kid push bike. the BB was still in there so i had little pegs for my feet and bombed the kills all gnarly. it was ridic fun. i rode around like that for 2 days before i put my XTs on.

so legit bike. you should take a road trip down here and ride with us when its done! hahaha
Santa Cruz is so much more legit then the East Bay+ North Bay combined

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
dope! i was just in santa cruz few days ago
you guys got a LEGIT bikepark over there.
it was like noon and NO ONE WAS THERE RIDING - it was very dissapointing too see such a nice park being dissed.
ride, god damn it!!!!!

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
it was like noon and NO ONE WAS THERE RIDING - it was very dissapointing too see such a nice park being dissed.
ride, god damn it!!!!!
the one by the beach and wharf? it was called the Fun Spot but had its named changed when a LBS took charge and fixed it up.
there are so many spots in Santa Cruz County. Hopefully you visited Aptos for the DJs.

i am very jealous at your build bro. its so dialed

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Looks really nice, digging it!

Only thing, sorry to nit-pick and its totally personal preference, but your gearing is going to be a little light. I did the 26-12 (same thing, tree and gusset) and really like the feel of the 27t better. I'm sure it will be fine, just wanted to throw that in to be negative and all. Sorry.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
ride, god damn it!!!!!
Santa Cruz has the highest concentration of places to ride. It has good EVERYTHING. The area is small which is rad, I spent many weekend days riding at the Post Office with nobody else there. The reason why people may not have been at the fun spot could have been because there are so many options that spots rarely get crowded.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

When I went to aptos a few months ago, didnt have my bike, but I checked out the post office and it was super legit, I think I saw cam in a car. I really want to go up and hit all the nice parks up there.

I rode my friends bike at 25:11 and my bike was 32:16 before and I liked both of them, I think it really comes down to personal preference, where I ride there is a drop in at 3 different spots to make up for the lack of building room, and its nice to have a smaller gear ratio for street so you can give it that quater turn. unless of course your crankless :D

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
do people still ride at the brommer st. jumps? I havent been there in a couple years. let the thread derailing continue haha. the bike looks dope, call profile and see whats up with the spindle.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
same here broskee. don't worry.

you'll hate the ti spindle soon enough, twisting, bending etc. best be careful. also, put MAD anti-seize on any contact points, just coat it.