Quantcast

Riding Douglas, Buck Hill and CT.

splat

Nam I am
Today Berkshire rider and I went out for a casual Ride of 17 miles.

WE started in Douglas SF in Mass and We went looking for , and found the TRI-State marker ( this is only our 3 rd attempt to find it )

and it was a fun and interesting ride , as we got down to the Rhode Island Border there wasa trail that was going right along it and it was a Very rocky , one big Rock garden of a trail! and sure enough there it was the tri state marker. from there we had a choice of about 5 trails , some looked good some didn't . we choose to take the trail heading striaght South in Conneticut ( only by a few feet ) we went down that for a while then Turned east into Rhode Island and the Buck hill Land . According to the topo we went right over Benson Mountain ( that was a Mountain ? ) there we Found an old trail of some sort , Our guess is an old logging trail since all the trees were new growthand we followed that and it was fun , but it was also not a very well used trail ( neither was the one in CT) we eventually worked our way back into Mass, and back to the cars and it was fun! we are still learning that place , so many trails so much to learn.

Steve I bet that Gate we saw when we were on the rail bed wasn't a street but the State line !

also I forgot my Camera today , it wassitting in the car when we got back , Berkshire rider took a couple of Pics , but At the tri state marker , my gps's batteries died and we really wanted this track more that Pics , so Berkshire rider let me use the batteries out of his camera. Thanks again :thumb:

One other Note : snicker marathon bars are awesome !!

and sorry about the size of the map if I shrunk it any more it wouldn't be readable.