Quantcast

Riding fakie?

craftyman

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
29palms
Ok i can roll out most of the way on abubaca's but i just cant turn around. if you have any tips on how to ride fakie and turn around post em

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
well, i cant do it but...

i see many people half-pivot on their rear tire then they bunny hop and turn the other half.

ie.

pivot 90 deg. then bunny hop 90 deg.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
turn your head and look where you want to go is really the only tip I can give other than practice.

it seems to help to have decent speed so your front end will spin around as well.

what happens when you try them? how far around do you get?

nickmtb

Chimp
Jun 2, 2002
A good way to practice half-cabs is to go up some sort of slope (or ramp) and hop, then back pedal, turn your bar one way (which ever way is comfortable) untill your half way around then lock your brake and pull yourself the other 90 degre

ChrisNJ

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
jersey
:stupid:
When rolling out fakie, just turn your bars slightly, and touch your brakes. It should come right around for you.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
align ur pedal stroke so that whichever direction your turning, the opposite side crank is down to the ground when u throw the wheel around. When you reach 90deg from turning the wheel ur crank should come up enough to put in a nice solid quarter pedal stroke to pivot the rest of the way around.