Quantcast

Riding food.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I believe the better I eat. The better I ride. My first go to energy food is oatmeal. If I have a bowl of oatmeal and fruit before I ride. I ride better. If I eat Hummus and veggies the night before I ride. I ride better. Eggs for dinner or breakfast. I ride better. If I drink wine the night before a ride. The better I ride. Beer sometimes works against me I suspect. Pizza and wings.. Not so good. Pastry the same. Muffins and biscuits seem to be good fuel. Liverwurst and Onions are like rocket fuel if you skip the beer mustard and serve it on Rye Bread and Muenster cheese...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I believe the better I eat. The better I ride. My first go to energy food is oatmeal. If I have a bowl of oatmeal and fruit before I ride. I ride better. If I eat Hummus and veggies the night before I ride. I ride better. Eggs for dinner or breakfast. I ride better. If I drink wine the night before a ride. The better I ride. Beer sometimes works against me I suspect. Pizza and wings.. Not so good. Pastry the same. Muffins and biscuits seem to be good fuel. Liverwurst and Onions are like rocket fuel if you skip the beer mustard and serve it on Rye Bread and Muenster cheese...
You might perform better if you just have the fruit. I stick to just a banana or some other sweet sugary fruit for pre-ride fuel. Your body can't actually digest any of the nutrients in the oats unless it has a few hours so the only thing all that oatmeal is doing is weighing you down. Oats and other grain are actually pretty difficult for our body to extract nutrients from.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I definitely DO NOT recommend eating a greasy (yet very tasty) quesadilla and drinking many stouts the night before going riding. It results in a unhappy gut and very untrustworty farts which is not what you want on a busy trail system.