Quantcast

Riding in Cajon Pass?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hey,
I took a drive out to vegas the other day, and right after the 215 and the 15 merge north of LA, the road goes up and over a pretty significant rise called Cahon Pass. The rock formations in the area are really crazy, and the valley is spectacular. I'm looking at google earth, and there seems to be a trail that follows the ridge down the middle of this valley and has a road access on both ends at lytle creek road. anybody ridden this? any good? I might go exploring soon.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I drove a dirt road out that way in my Saturn a few years ago, before the fires burned everything. I started just past the gun range near Lytle creek and ended up just off of the 138/15 interchange. I don't know if there is anything else besides that fireroad, but it could be fun if you like bombing down fireroads. Another fun fireroad ride is Cleghorn rd to the west of the 15, you can ride from the 15 up and over Cleghorn peak to Silverwood lake. I think the PCT runs through that area somewhere but it's unfortunately off limits to bikes. I believe there may be some trails by the "mormon rocks" north of the 138 and west of the 15, but I've never explored that area.