Quantcast

Riding in Cooperstown, NY (x-post)

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
so, i'm going to be working in cooperstown ny all summer. what sort of riding is there 'round those parts? any shuttable DH type runs? (no lift mountains except plattekill that are close by right?) what sort of trail riding? any known/good dirt jumps? lemme have the dirt, so to speak! ;)
thanks for any help!

x-post from the DH forum!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
DHing - Plattekill of course; West Mountain (off Exit 18 of I-87) is just over 2 hours north. Again, just over 2 hours east would be Jiminy Peak.

There are also some great XC/Freeride trails up in the Saratoga Springs area (about 2 hours north). There are also some nice XC trails in the Albany-Saratoga Springs-Glens Falls-Lake George area as well. Not really sure about anything right in Cooperstown, but I hope that helps.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
That's a great place to hang out for the summer. Be sure to check out the Ommegang Brewery and the Cooperstown Brewery, and, of course, the lake :thumb:
Great bars in downtown Oneonta just down the road too!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! I went to Hartwick College and can attest to the great variety in bars in Oneonta :thumb:
what years were you there?

I've spent many a night at The Oak, The Sip and Sail, The Brass Rail, The Silver Bullet and so on.

Oh and cold cheese pizza!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
what years were you there?

I've spent many a night at The Oak, The Sip and Sail, The Brass Rail, The Silver Bullet and so on.

Oh and cold cheese pizza!
LOL! Tino's was always a frequent stop on our drunken way home :thumb:

I was at Hartwick from September 1994 - May 1998 and I used to work at the Silver Bullet (usually tended bar on weeknights).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
LOL! Tino's was always a frequent stop on our drunken way home :thumb:

I was at Hartwick from September 1994 - May 1998 and I used to work at the Silver Bullet (usually tended bar on weeknights).
Ha, I was up there then!! :)
I was usually at the large place on the end now called The Aquarium because I wasn't 21 so we could get in there and sneak beers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've been hungry for some cold cheese pizza lately.
I feel weird asking for it around here.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Ha, I was up there then!! :)
I was usually at the large place on the end now called The Aquarium because I wasn't 21 so we could get in there and sneak beers.
Yeah, I went there a few times. The Bullet was never good at maintaining the whole "under 21" no drinking thing so that's where we used to hang. That and Today's after midnight ('cause they didn't care and didn't get busted after midnight). :D I was under 21 pretty much my whole college drinking career. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mumbles said:
hmm, thanks for the help. i guess i'll be bringing my dh bike after all. how far is plattekill from cooperstown?
45min to 1hr

mapquest it