Quantcast

Riding in Dec/Jan around Manchester?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I know this is going to sound wack.. but I might be forced to come out to the east coast this winter. Is there much to do on 2 wheels during the winter? The last time I went out there, there was a patch of snow on somebody's doorstep, and that's all I saw! Or should I not even waste my time? I ride all year around out here in California, but haven't really followed what the northerners do during the snowy season.

Chazz/squarewheels, you live out here don't ya? Maybe I can pay you a visit.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
It depends a lot on what manchester you're talking about. Manchester Vermont, I wouldnt bother bringing your bike unless you like snow riding, which is pretty cool.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Uhhh.. Manchester airport, I'm fairly certain that's Massachussetts, I think? Sorry, forgot to specify. I would LOVE to give snow riding a shot, I've always wondered if I could bring the DH bike up to the slopes and ride down em, without those ski adaptors.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I do ski, average skiier. Own a snowboard, but still can't ride very well yet. Not very interested in either. I'd rather get on 2 wheels.. and if there is such an event, why the heck not? schwaa, any pics/footage of the race? That sounds like fun, though I doubt I'd be lucky enough to make it out with that kind of timing.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
go to the forums on bustedspoke.com, new england DH/freeride forum-site, info

riding with studded tires (XC) is cool, snow shoe-ing, hockey or snowboarding is what we do for fun during the wintah!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
nd if there is such an event, why the heck not? schwaa, any pics/footage of the race? That sounds like fun, though I doubt I'd be lucky enough to make it out with that kind of timing.
I found info for last years race. Try contacting them for the 2005 info.

Don’t miss this terrific event on the Main Slope at Shawnee Peak! For more information on the event, visit or web site at shawneepeak.com or call Jon Kibler at Sebago Outfitters 207-892-9228 or e-mail him at sebago@maine.rr.com.

Shawnee Race

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
i don't check this forum much so i just saw this.

Manchester is in New Hampshire. what brings you to the cold, wet, wintery east? you should stay in cali for the winters, bro. how long you coming out here for? we should totally hook up and do crazy snow rides if you're bringing the krapile :p (which you should, cuz i just got a dh bike!). i've got a crapload of dh tires in my basement, i'll make ya a set of studs for the trip!