Quantcast

Riding in Greensboro March 2-6?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, I'm going to a theatre convention from March 2-6. The convention is at this hotel:
Sheraton Greensboro Hotel at Four Seasons
3121 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC. 27407

I'm stayin at the Drury (sp?) Inn right near there.

Is there any riding around? reason to bring my bike? anyone interested in showing me around? I checked out that county park, is that anywhere near where I am going to be?

Trying to decide If I should bring a bike with me or not, as I'm not sure how much spare time i'm going to have.
Thanks!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
You're right on the opposite side of town from the jumps. Just about ten miles. Mapquest the address for the hotel and then check its relation to W. Pisgah Church Rd.----should be somewhere around that number.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
gastrocnemius said:
I'll gladly show you around. There is lots of nice singletrack within an easy ride from the jumps at Country Park too. If you end up with time to ride, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regret bringing your bike.

So if I brought my Rocky Mountain Flow, I'd be OK? Not the big bike, right?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
motomike said:
exactly. It depends, the climbs on the singletrack are short and steep. I would bring the flow.

Cool man.

Of the working bikes I have right now, I have a Rocky Mountain RMX (8"/8") a Rocky Mountain Flow (hardtail with 5" fork) and a Surly Cross Check

Is there any reason to bring the big bike or the cross bike? I try and ride the cross bike 3 mornings a week to keep in shape, but I figure while i'm out of town I can just ride the Flow.

So whats around there besides the jumps? AKA, what kind of tires should I run? I've got hookworms on there now, figure i'll change them to some kind of dirt tire?

Thanks guys, I really look foreward to riding down there with you all!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
there's plenty of trails to keep you happy(and fit), all connected by a paved "greenway". I would just bring the flow and some hardpack-to medium soil tires. They should be just fine.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
:cool:

I'm so excited about this trip now. Screw the convention, I'm goin' Riding!

I fully expect to finally meet Manimal, MotoMike, Biggins..........etc

I'm going to fully SUCK on those jumps, but its OK, i'll take some pics, and some video, and possibly make a little vid of the jumps and the NC crew :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'll be off of work from mon-thurs, have to be back at 3pm on friday. looks like i'll be able to join up w/ you......but count me out on the XC stuff, i'm still hacking up my lungs.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
manimal said:
anybody have contact w/ bigmike? someone call me with info on when/where you're meeting. 687-6255 u guys know the area code :D

Its not the 2nd yet!

I'm leaving tomorrow at noon, which puts me there by 3-4 (considering i'm driving two other people, and we're not always known to be on time.....)