Quantcast

Riding in Moab

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Going to Moab in the Spring and am wondering what the best trails to ride are. I'll ask a shop when I get there, but just looking for some inside info from the monkies. I'm mostly used to riding DH at Whistler and some XC in Washington State. I rode the Klondike Bluffs last time I was there, when I was a beginner, but am looking for something much more challenging this time. Thanks!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Going to Moab in the Spring and am wondering what the best trails to ride are. I'll ask a shop when I get there, but just looking for some inside info from the monkies. I'm mostly used to riding DH at Whistler and some XC in Washington State. I rode the Klondike Bluffs last time I was there, when I was a beginner, but am looking for something much more challenging this time. Thanks!!
Do some searches, especially in the ride reports forum. A few of us have posted Moab reports in the last year. Off the top of my head I would say don't miss Porcupine Rim and Bartlett Wash, but do some searching and you'll find a bunch of good info.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Speaking of Moab, what is a good time to go there? LIke it to be not too hot nor cold and not wet either.
I don't think wet is usually much of an issue in Moab--best time of year is in the Spring or in the Fall from what I understand. Avoid Moab between July and August. Last time I was there was in July, and we had to be done riding by noon as it was too hot.