Quantcast

Riding in SE Mass and the Cape

i'll be visiting my wife's hippy extended family this upcoming week and wanna go trail riding. Just looking for suggestions for where to ride. I've read about Trail of Tears, anything else fun? I can be discreet, plz PM me for dirt jump or pumptrack suggestions if you don't wanna be public about it.

i'm staying all the way out in Orleans...so i'm assuming i should leave my DH bike at home?

rode Trail of Tears on sunday, some flowy lines with short uphills intermixed. nothing really super tech but some sections of tight singletrack. bumped into a pair of riders and they graciously showed me around. but probably only rode maybe 50% of the trails there.

rode Nickerson today. man, i wished i had a guide with me. got lost a few times and wasn't linking the trails well. they're intermixed amongst the 3 ponds/lakes in the park. a few awesome (think PNW) flowy pine-needlely/loamy sections under conifer/evergreen canopies. most of that stuff was in the southern part of of the park. again nothing super tech, but drifting around on flowy singletrack was alotta fun. :thumb:

gonna try to hit up OTIS on tuesday (tomorrow) but if i'm strapped for time, maybe go back to nickerson.