Quantcast

Riding in south central pa

tlax88

Chimp
Dec 14, 2010
hey guys, I am a fairly new rider living in carlisle, pa and I am looking for some exciting trails. I know all about michaux but I am more interested in freeride/downhill trails (I need something with berms and jumps!). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Well Mt. Gretna could be another destination for you. Public trails mixed with hiking and horse trails. I haven't been in the mountain freeriding scene for a few years but we used to have numerous hidden runs through that area. I know some locals I could get some answers from if you're interested. If so just pm me.

also, I hear nothing but good coming from this place:
http://raystown.org/attractions/allegrippis-trails-at-raystown-lake.html

from what I hear lots of rolling and wide trials with lots of berms and maybe some jumps too. Haven't been there but have talked to a few different style of riders who all say they love it.

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
could always make the trip out here to Reading.

Mt Gretna has freeride trails??
It does! But like I said, I haven't ridden there in prolly 4 or 5 years now but was once a 2 to 3 day a week spot for me. I know some of the local's pretty well and last I heard things are going good. But no, not Reading freeride trails but they did have some trails off the market ones that are pretty good. Since he's coming from Carlisle, this would be one of the closer spots for him to check out.