Quantcast

Riding in South/West Sweden?

Hi,
My wife and I are planning a trip to Sweden in late July, for a wedding in Styrsjö, (an island near Goteborg). My stepbrother who is a Dane going to school in Copenhagen is marrying his very cool Swedish girlfriend. We've been to Aarhus a few times (where my dad, stepmother, and younger sisters live), and I've ridden in the Queen's park there a few times. This will be our first time to Sweden though. I was wondering if there are any Swedes out there, or anyone who has mtb'd in any areas between Malmo and Goteborg, that can recommend some fun Swedish singletrack? We're flying into Copenhagen (Kobenhavn), DK, where my stepbrother lives (my other stepbrother lives nearby in Malmo).

Here's the hard part: since we're not planning on bringing bikes, this would also have to have a bike shop nearby that we could rent bikes and equipment, or someone that we could hook up with to borrow a couple of bikes. I race Downhill (Expert) and XC (Sport), and my wife just rides occasionally. Please email me at scottnshaney@hotmail.com if you've got any good suggestions - I probably won't be able to watch for replies in this bulliton board. I did see some Swedish trail reviews (mostly near Stockholm) under the Trail Review section of www.mtbr.com, but figured I'd also post here. Thanks,
-Scott
:monkey: