Quantcast

Riding in Summit or Eagle County

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
So now that the ski areas are closed for the summer, I'm looking for some riding (downhill type stuff preferably) in the Summit/Eagle county area. I've heard there's some shuttle runs out there but don't know any specifics. Anyone in the area want to ride this weekend? I've got a Jeep and could drive if shuttling was involved. I'd like to get some more riding in while I still can (snow will be coming soon) so someone drop me a line. I'd be willing to drive a bit if anyone knows of good riding anywhere else (I've heard rumors of good stuff in Idaho Springs). I haven't ridden outside the ski areas the whole time I've been here so it would be cool to check out some new trails.

- Aaron

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
SkaredShtles said:
Why wouldn't you just shuttle Vail? You can drive all the way to the top, no?
You mean Vail the ski area mountain? I don't think you can drive to the top, but I haven't lived here that long so maybe I just haven't head about it. If you're talking about Vail pass, you can drive up there but I don't know of any trails that drop down from the pass, aside from the bike path.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
911 said:
You mean Vail the ski area mountain? I don't think you can drive to the top, but I haven't lived here that long so maybe I just haven't head about it. If you're talking about Vail pass, you can drive up there but I don't know of any trails that drop down from the pass, aside from the bike path.
Naw - Vail mountain. I'm pretty sure there are a couple fire roads that you can drive to the top. Don't quote me, though, because I always ride to the top. :p