Quantcast

Riding in the rain

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I just love getting out and riding DH in the rain. I do not do it very much because being out in the rain sucks. The riding you get when everything is muddy and slick is so much fun though. Makes me miss east coast riding.

I need to go and clean everything now, but it was well worth it :thumb:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Yup! Riding in the rain is fun.
Surfing around corners always puts a smile on my face. Riding in BC, if you don't ride in the rain you will spend too much time off of the bike!
I thought I was done with that when I came over here, but here it all just comes down at once! A monsoon hit the last race, was crazy fun.

end0boy

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
philippine archipelago
hahah .. i crashed 4 times the last time i rode dh on the rain! the ruts were like 4x bigger and they were everywhere! and the rocks were pretty slippery too! hey you guys use clips or platforms?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Since I live in So Cal, we don't see a lot of rain, I HATE the rain! Call me weird, but I like dry nasty dirt--Big Bear and Mammoth style...

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
end0boy said:
hahah .. i crashed 4 times the last time i rode dh on the rain! the ruts were like 4x bigger and they were everywhere! and the rocks were pretty slippery too! hey you guys use clips or platforms?

I run clipless, even in the real nasty slippery stuff. You just have to completly commit yourself.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
blt2ride said:
Since I live in So Cal, we don't see a lot of rain, I HATE the rain! Call me weird, but I like dry nasty dirt--Big Bear and Mammoth style...
I agree! I love the loose and sketchy gravel in Mammoth!