Quantcast

riding in the south

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
I'm thinking of doing a roadtrip after graduation (Virginia Tech). Can you guys suggest good spots to hit for trail riding, dh, MTX/DS/DJ, street? This will be a 2 week long trip. Also I guess I'll be looking for some locals to hang out with :)

for example:

Country Park, Winston-Salem, NC

please be specific on the location (approximate) and type of riding.

thank you

-MV

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Coen Jumps have a few 11-12-foot doubles, a rolling tabletop, a few BIG BMX-style jumps

PeeWees has really sweet North Shore stuff and DJ's, CHHS, has well-built stunts, gaps, and LOTS of DJ's

Legends has a few drops and other stunts (i think)

Salem Lake is mostly North Shore stuff, but
it's all run-down except for a few jumps...

Everyone please add...

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
snowshoe monster park weakend this summer. gona be pros, racing, and sweet jumps!!! but here in Nc stuff like what WCK said and near ashville is swaninoah which is many many DJ's (big DJ's)

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
downtown charlotte and NCSU have some nice urban. I've ridden quite a few urban scenes and these two definitely stand out above the rest. You might just consider staying in the triad area a few nights, maybe somewhere in the middle so you can get to G-boro, CHHS and all the Raleigh area trails people are mentioning. If you're gonna ride charlotte or NCSU give me a message and I'll ride along or at least get you in touch with some other locals to show you around.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Alright, thanks.

What about Dark Mt., and Pisgah (Asheville?)

Any others? I'm sure theres a lot more, so keep them coming

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Just read up on couple more places...

hobby park DS course ? In what area is that?
and 'northwood' ? whats the 'triad area' ?

thanks again

-MV

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I was under the impression that hobby park was destroyed.... maybe I heard wrong. the triad is Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill. But Greensboro, Charlotte and Winston Salem aren't far away, so within a few hours there are quite a few nasty trails/urban scenes worth mentioning.