Quantcast

riding near olympic national park?

Dec 8, 2006
I may be working in Olympic National Park, about an hour from Port Angeles, this summer. Is there any good riding within an hour or 2 of there? Thanks.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dry Hill is a DH area with some pretty advanced trails. i also recommend checking out Dungeness/Gold Creek. As far as trail riding goes (lower mileage XC) it's a top notch place to go. Scenic forest and a quality descent down Gold Creek. Also Lower Big Quilcene is a nice trail ride, if done as an out and back it's really low on mileage. The lower half is pretty tame and boring, but the upper half is a gem. It's just too bad it's so short of a ride.

There is alot more stuff around, but that's a start to look into.

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
Dungeness/Gold Creek are fun for XC. Are you going to be West or East of Port Angeles? Maybe Mora or the upper Hoh Ranger station. There is a great ride on Mt. Mueller if you really like to climb and it is 20 minutes East of Forks. Around Forks there are no trails though. 33 years there and I would know about anything worthy of riding around Forks.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dungeness/Gold Creek are fun for XC. Are you going to be West or East of Port Angeles? Maybe Mora or the upper Hoh Ranger station. There is a great ride on Mt. Mueller if you really like to climb and it is 20 minutes East of Forks. Around Forks there are no trails though. 33 years there and I would know about anything worthy of riding around Forks.
It's really a shame too, it's beautiful country out there. i rode at Humptulips for an adventure and thought it fun. Talk about a primitive trail...