Quantcast

Riding near Osage Beach or Springfield Missouri

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
my wife and I are heading to MO for thanksgiving to visit the inlaws. Just wondering if there's anywhere out there to ride. Mild XC or freeriding trails. Well, I guess any trail is nice. Let me know! Thanks

Bonedoc

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
in springfield check out SAC river trails for xc stuff. chadwick is fun, but you may need a local to show you where to ride. it is an atv area and ive only raced there so im not sure what is else to tell you about it. at the lake of the ozarks there is quite a bit of trail the best one being Trail of the Four Winds. its about 10mile loop right on the lake.
where are you goint to be exactly. i have friends in a couple of shops those areas that could get you more information.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'll be at my inlaws' place near Camdenton. I went to a shop in Osage Beach, but didnt see much. I met a guy at Snowshoe this past summer and got some pics of him and he said to stop buy the shop near the bass pro place in Springfield. Anyway, let me know whats up. Thanks gates

bonedoc

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'll be in/near camdenton which is near the lake. Let me know what's around I'd be willing to travel if I need to. Probably not more than about an hour each way. Later. Thanks

pete

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
well if youre in camdenton youre equadistant from springfield or columbia, where im at, both of which have pretty good riding. i can give you directions to some good trails up here. they would mostly be xcish or mx. the moto area may be unridable this time of year because it will be wet.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I guess I missed this thread earlier. Anyway, Gates has it pretty much right. Chadwick is a lot of fun if you know where to go in the park. The guy you met at S-shoe sounds like Scott from Sprinfield Bike. Did he look like a crazy Patrick Swayze?

Trail of the 4 Winds is a nice XC trail. I think it is more like 15 miles than 10, unless it has been rerouted. It is also the closest place to where you will be.

Columbia has some decent XC plus street riding on campus and a dual slalom course.

I may be down the Camdenton way at my in-laws, but I may not have a bike. I am waiting for On-One to ship them out.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
DNA said:
The guy you met at S-shoe sounds like Scott from Sprinfield Bike. Did he look like a crazy Patrick Swayze?
Ha Ha! And that's not the first time he's been described as that! The other way to find out if it was Scott is taking the shuttle to the top of the trail, and watch him pass you at 70mph in his jeep with 4 people and 5 bikes inside!:D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Yeah, that's him. I just double-checked and it is "Springfield Bicycle Company," 3201 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, MO., (417) 883-8100.

I will be down that way on Friday, but I still don't have a mountain bike (waiting for On-One to get them in stock and ship).

Have a good ride and drop a message the next time you are in the area.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Thanks for the address. I got there on friday. It's a cool shop. I hope the people that broke in thursday and stole the 2 bmx bikes get run over by cars. I really want that black bullit frame that's resting on the water bottle. It's awesome. Anyway, take care guys. Next time I'll be out will probably be next summer when ya'll are all gone to whistler and snowshoe and moab and all the other cool places I heard about from Scott. Later