Quantcast

riding near pittsburgh

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
just moved to pittsburgh from tampa, florida. looking for places to ride and a good local bike shop. not looking for any specific types of trails. I have one bike and use it for everything. as far as bike shops go, my apartment is near PNC park. any help would be greatly appreciated.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bohica said:
just moved to pittsburgh from tampa, florida. looking for places to ride and a good local bike shop. not looking for any specific types of trails. I have one bike and use it for everything. as far as bike shops go, my apartment is near PNC park. any help would be greatly appreciated.
yo bohica, pm me man or "brungeman", i live a few minutes from you right now and am moving to the north shore into the heinz lofts in the next month or so...

We ride 2-3 time a week most of the riding is aggressive xc type stuff with some FR as well...

_BIll

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pittsburgh apparently has a bmx scene that is off the hook. recently i haven't been able to pick a bmx mag and NOT see a pic taken in da burgh. oh and familiarize yourself with primanti brothers.

pgh also has a KILLER underground/independent music scene. one of the best in the country actually.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bunch of different venues depending on what you are into. there's tons of punk (street, crust, thrash, grind), indie rock, even a bunch of good hip hop. Come on Pittsburgh has given birth to both Crucial Unit and Grand Buffet!