Quantcast

Riding Pictures-Dupont, NC

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I took these guys yesterday. A chill little ride. We didn't have very much time and James' bike was having trouble but it was very fun.

On the slickrock sections at the top.

chillin.

This place has multiple miles of bare rock riding. Its really fun.

This gives you a good vibe for what the riding is like on this trail.

The trail descends off the rock and ends at this waterfall.

My bike in a pool.

Enjoy.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
When down there we had a choice between Black Mountain and Dupont... we choose poorly... :dead:

Tsali was fun though.

Nice pics as always! :thumb:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Anybody know of any good places to stay around DuPont.
Cabins or Camping?

I know camping ist verboten im the Dupont Forest. Anything else near enough so that we can bike to the trails?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DVNT said:
Anybody know of any good places to stay around DuPont.
Cabins or Camping?

I know camping ist verboten im the Dupont Forest. Anything else near enough so that we can bike to the trails?
There is a new place across the street and a number of cabins (probably pricey as they look really nice) along the main road going in.

You might consider camping in Pisgah (Davidson River) and then take the short drive (20 minutes) to Dupont. Just a suggestion

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
cool thanks

I had heard about Pisgah, I'll try googling something closer. a 20 min drive will definatley beat a 100 dollar a night cabin though.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
DVNT said:
cool thanks

I had heard about Pisgah, I'll try googling something closer. a 20 min drive will definatley beat a 100 dollar a night cabin though.
You can camp for free on some secondary road on your right just passed davidson campground.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DVNT said:
cool thanks

How long are you going for? Davidson River area (Pisgah) and Dupont make for a GREAT weekend of riding. If you camp at Davidson river there are 13531214 trails that are riding distance from your campground. There is a very nice 8 mile (2 trails, 4 miles each Thrift and Sycamore Cove) figure 8 loop right across the street from the campground entrance.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Jozz said:
You can camp for free on some secondary road on your right just passed davidson campground.
I think all the roadside camping in Pisgah is free, Davidson river is like $16 a night, they have flushing toilets and hot showers. The roadside campsights are usually nicely manicured though (gravel pads).

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Just a long weekend. I'm taking some non-riding friends along, thought the scenery in DuPont might get them more into it.

I'm headed up to Fontana in about 2 hours, maybe i'll swing by Davidson on the way back tomorrow and scout it out for em.

thanks!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I think all the roadside camping in Pisgah is free, Davidson river is like $16 a night, they have flushing toilets and hot showers. The roadside campsights are usually nicely manicured though (gravel pads).
Yeah, we camped for free and used the campground's showers. :devil:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Found this campground 4 miles from the trail head

I think we'll be better off in Pisgah or Davidson

Although we would be missing out on some killer Bingo :thumb: